Workout Time??

H

honkeykong

Awards
I am about to have to change my workout time. I have been going at night and am going to have to switch to midday round 1 or 2pm. I've heard in the morning and night are best times, but does it really make a big difference really?? Am I going to miss some potential by having to go midday?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am about to have to change my workout time. I have been going at night and am going to have to switch to midday round 1 or 2pm. I've heard in the morning and night are best times, but does it really make a big difference really?? Am I going to miss some potential by having to go midday?
Mornings are best for cognition, however the arousal state in relation to power and speed seems to be optimal at mid-afternoon...2-5pm.

Of course, you will adapt to training at anytime if you do it long enough, and it will become a new set point.

H

honkeykong

Awards
Cool thanks, I've just read its optimal for gains at night since thats when the most muscle building occurs and didn't know if midday would effect the gains but I look at it as putting in work is work regardless of the time.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
IMO if you are one of the top athletes in the world or top bodybuilder in the world everything you can do to get any type of advantage will help. for the other 99.999% of the world, working out harder, sleeping harder, and eating harder will get you much further than worrying about what time it is.