Best program?

honkeykong

Awards
I'm 34 have a stocky build and am lookin for a good and uncomplicated program to begin to road to more muscle gains. Anyone have any suggestions?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
531 boring but big

Can't get any more simpler and uncomplicated than that

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

honkeykong

Awards
What about a nutrition program to go with it?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Np

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

chrishenrique

chrishenrique

Awards
Best Bodybuilding Routine: Strength & Volume Training
Volume training is done with lighter weights, which lets you lift more reps (for example: 3 sets of 12 reps). Which puts more time under tension on your muscles and gets lots of nutrient rich blood pumping through them. You will get a great muscle pump with this style of training, which feels great.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Best Bodybuilding Routine: Strength & Volume Training
Volume training is done with lighter weights, which lets you lift more reps (for example: 3 sets of 12 reps). Which puts more time under tension on your muscles and gets lots of nutrient rich blood pumping through them. You will get a great muscle pump with this style of training, which feels great.
The pump really means absolutely nothing for gaining muscle.

Time under tensions is important, but so is overall tension, which is reduced with high rep sets. You could say that the stimulus is
TUT x OT = stimulus...in arbitrary units.

Also, most increases in size will occur via sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, and will only occur to a certain point whereby to maintain fiber functionality (and keep gains going) you will need to focus on myofibril hypertrophy, which is accomplished with higher tensions (4 x 3-6 reps).

Br

TexasGuy

Awards
I'm a huge fan of DoggCrapp training for muscle gains. It includes a diet. For strength, MadCow 5x5.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
I love Madcows 5x5. About to start another 10 week rotation at the end of the month. Eat big, follow the routine and you'll get stronger.