Squat technique

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by yazan View Post

Idk what my axis is, but u know when u tilt your head forward and that bone thing starts showing in the middle of the back your your neck right above your shoulders? That's where it rests

And I had my cousin tape my second set. I forgot to ask on the 1st and would rather have a spotter on my last 2 sets. We do 4 sets. 12,8,6,4 with weight usually increasing per set. I ended up doing 225x4... Idk bout u guys but I was proud LOLOL. Still training to be a hulk...not there yet

Ill tape my setup next time, but I don't understand how that has anything to do with my squat technique

Lol that's amazing... My cousin didn't like it so much. Goes like " who is this kid? Ill mess him up" haha
    Lol I would love to see that in real life.

2. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Lol I would love to see that in real life.
    Hahahahauahaha if u r anything like your profile pic he won't even get close to u
    •   

3. lol he aint gonna mess no one up with his record shattering 135lb squats. no offense to you op

4. Quote Originally Posted by yazan View Post

Hahahahauahaha if u r anything like your profile pic he won't even get close to u
    Similar haircut suffice?

Jk I can't have long hair.

5. Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    lol he aint gonna mess no one up with his record shattering 135lb squats. no offense to you op
    Haha nah it's fine. I started pretty much 2 weeks ago, and went up to 225x4 the other day. I feel pretty good about that. Those sets in the vids were our "warmup sets" is what I call them. Higher reps and lower weight.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by yazan View Post

Haha nah it's fine. I started pretty much 2 weeks ago, and went up to 225x4 the other day. I feel pretty good about that. Those sets in the vids were our "warmup sets" is what I call them. Higher reps and lower weight.
    next video you take, don't take it of your warmup sets
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

7. Quote Originally Posted by yazan View Post
    Idk what my axis is, but u know when u tilt your head forward and that bone thing starts showing in the middle of the back your your neck right above your shoulders? That's where it rests

And I had my cousin tape my second set. I forgot to ask on the 1st and would rather have a spotter on my last 2 sets. We do 4 sets. 12,8,6,4 with weight usually increasing per set. I ended up doing 225x4... Idk bout u guys but I was proud LOLOL. Still training to be a hulk...not there yet

Ill tape my setup next time, but I don't understand how that has anything to do with my squat technique
    Your axis is a bone on your neck and the bar should not rest on your neck; it should be on your traps. Your setup is the most important part of a heavy squat because you must have complete tightness in the upper back and take the bar out of the rack properly or you will fail on the squat.

<<------has a 705 squat.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Your axis is a bone on your neck and the bar should not rest on your neck; it should be on your traps. Your setup is the most important part of a heavy squat because you must have complete tightness in the upper back and take the bar out of the rack properly or you will fail on the squat.

<<------has a 705 squat.
    Leg day today. My cousin worked late so I went to the gym alone. So no vids lol. But I tried having the bar rest on the middle of my shoulders rather than my axis. It did feel a lot less painful lol.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

<<------has a 705 squat.
    Oh yeah?! Your mom has a 705# squat! Lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. piss poor squat technique
    By klint in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 09:48 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 11:03 PM
  3. Correcting squat technique