Squat technique

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. I actually laughed out loud
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I actually laughed out loud
    I did too.
    •   
       


  3. lol iand i dont wanna be a dick and i like both forms. but cmon hes doing the *** thing while squatting 135

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    The bar is way too high on your neck. It looks like it's resting on your freaking axis. The squat itself look good, but it's definitely too light to make any definitive assertions. Next time, record your set up before you unrack that bar. Most squats are lost at the unrack.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  5. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

    The bar is way too high on your neck. It looks like it's resting on your freaking axis. The squat itself look good, but it's definitely too light to make any definitive assertions. Next time, record your set up before you unrack that bar. Most squats are lost at the unrack.
    Idk what my axis is, but u know when u tilt your head forward and that bone thing starts showing in the middle of the back your your neck right above your shoulders? That's where it rests

    And I had my cousin tape my second set. I forgot to ask on the 1st and would rather have a spotter on my last 2 sets. We do 4 sets. 12,8,6,4 with weight usually increasing per set. I ended up doing 225x4... Idk bout u guys but I was proud LOLOL. Still training to be a hulk...not there yet

    Ill tape my setup next time, but I don't understand how that has anything to do with my squat technique

    Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    tell your cousin to stop wearing the retarded lookin helmet head beatz to the gym before someone wlks up and shatters their hand while open-palm bitch slapping him for lookin so stupid
    Lol that's amazing... My cousin didn't like it so much. Goes like " who is this kid? Ill mess him up" haha
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by yazan View Post

    Idk what my axis is, but u know when u tilt your head forward and that bone thing starts showing in the middle of the back your your neck right above your shoulders? That's where it rests

    And I had my cousin tape my second set. I forgot to ask on the 1st and would rather have a spotter on my last 2 sets. We do 4 sets. 12,8,6,4 with weight usually increasing per set. I ended up doing 225x4... Idk bout u guys but I was proud LOLOL. Still training to be a hulk...not there yet

    Ill tape my setup next time, but I don't understand how that has anything to do with my squat technique

    Lol that's amazing... My cousin didn't like it so much. Goes like " who is this kid? Ill mess him up" haha
    Lol I would love to see that in real life.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Lol I would love to see that in real life.
    Hahahahauahaha if u r anything like your profile pic he won't even get close to u

  8. lol he aint gonna mess no one up with his record shattering 135lb squats. no offense to you op

  9. Quote Originally Posted by yazan View Post

    Hahahahauahaha if u r anything like your profile pic he won't even get close to u
    Similar haircut suffice?

    Jk I can't have long hair.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    lol he aint gonna mess no one up with his record shattering 135lb squats. no offense to you op
    Haha nah it's fine. I started pretty much 2 weeks ago, and went up to 225x4 the other day. I feel pretty good about that. Those sets in the vids were our "warmup sets" is what I call them. Higher reps and lower weight.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by yazan View Post

    Haha nah it's fine. I started pretty much 2 weeks ago, and went up to 225x4 the other day. I feel pretty good about that. Those sets in the vids were our "warmup sets" is what I call them. Higher reps and lower weight.
    next video you take, don't take it of your warmup sets
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by yazan View Post
    Idk what my axis is, but u know when u tilt your head forward and that bone thing starts showing in the middle of the back your your neck right above your shoulders? That's where it rests

    And I had my cousin tape my second set. I forgot to ask on the 1st and would rather have a spotter on my last 2 sets. We do 4 sets. 12,8,6,4 with weight usually increasing per set. I ended up doing 225x4... Idk bout u guys but I was proud LOLOL. Still training to be a hulk...not there yet

    Ill tape my setup next time, but I don't understand how that has anything to do with my squat technique
    Your axis is a bone on your neck and the bar should not rest on your neck; it should be on your traps. Your setup is the most important part of a heavy squat because you must have complete tightness in the upper back and take the bar out of the rack properly or you will fail on the squat.

    <<------has a 705 squat.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  13. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

    Your axis is a bone on your neck and the bar should not rest on your neck; it should be on your traps. Your setup is the most important part of a heavy squat because you must have complete tightness in the upper back and take the bar out of the rack properly or you will fail on the squat.

    <<------has a 705 squat.
    Leg day today. My cousin worked late so I went to the gym alone. So no vids lol. But I tried having the bar rest on the middle of my shoulders rather than my axis. It did feel a lot less painful lol.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

    <<------has a 705 squat.
    Oh yeah?! Your mom has a 705# squat! Lol
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. piss poor squat technique
    By klint in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 09:48 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 11:03 PM
  3. Correcting squat technique
    By youngandfree in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 10:59 PM
  4. Is this a proper squat technique ?
    By dragonfly in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 09:48 PM
  5. Advice on squat technique
    By Kostanovovic in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Log in
Log in