Shoulders on chest day

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.28%

Shoulders on chest day

The front of my shoulders are way more developed than the rest of my shoulder, and more developed than my chest. After taking a few weeks off, yesterday was my first day and I hit my chest. Today the front of my shoulders are very very sore, and I can hardly feel it in my chest.

Is my form bad, or am I doing something wrong? I didn't go real heavy, so I tried to concentrate on my form, and I used dumbbells for my whole workout. Any thoughts?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by frofan
    The front of my shoulders are way more developed than the rest of my shoulder, and more developed than my chest. After taking a few weeks off, yesterday was my first day and I hit my chest. Today the front of my shoulders are very very sore, and I can hardly feel it in my chest.

Is my form bad, or am I doing something wrong? I didn't go real heavy, so I tried to concentrate on my form, and I used dumbbells for my whole workout. Any thoughts?
    I've read that some people have the tendancy to use their front delts on pressing movements. What people normally do to correct this on bench press is to lower the weight to a weight you can easily control and focus on pushing exclusively with your chest. Once you get used to it, you'll really start to feel it in your chest and see good growth. The chest is a bigger muscle and will eventually allow you to put up more weight.

I had the same problem on the lat pull.....I wasn't using my lats, just biceps and momentum. Since someone pointed out the problem and I corrected it by cutting the weight in half and focusing on using my lats. It took awhile to build up my lats enough to match my former weight, but eventually I did, and since then have increased it by over 50% higher than it originally was.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Popping in shoulder on chest day
    By shroyer13 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 08:33 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 12:49 AM
  3. Chest & Shoulders on same day?
    By FitnFirm in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 02:09 PM
  4. adivice on chest/tricep day