Overtraining, autoregulation, and your sex life - the write up.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Over training is just nasty, and often requires several weeks to recover from. Aint nobody got time fo dat!

Lets discuss how we can not only avoid overtraining, but improve performance in several aspects of our lives at the same time.

Enjoy, would be happy to hear feed back or answer further questions.

Overtraining, Autoregulation, and Your Sex Life « jasoncholewa

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

You mention that HRV can be influenced by emotional stress. I've always been interested in the mental side of strength training, and I was wondering how long an emotionally stressful event/time influences things like HRV, RHR, cortisol levels...etc compared to intense exercise. Is the body's response to emotional stress in this department less intense than it would be due to physical overreaching?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have some studies tucked away somewhere that explore the effects of emotional stress on cortisol and HRV. I'll have to see if there was a performance aspect included.

Br

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
I'd be interested to know. Thanks.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Over training is just nasty, and often requires several weeks to recover from. Aint nobody got time fo dat!

Lets discuss how we can not only avoid overtraining, but improve performance in several aspects of our lives at the same time.

Enjoy, would be happy to hear feed back or answer further questions.

Overtraining, Autoregulation, and Your Sex Life « jasoncholewa
Overtraining is very nasty! It took me several months to recover from it. But its made me paranoid.....every time I have a hard session now or can't sleep, I suspect adrenal fatigue.