Incorrect Body Posture: How to fix it?

builtolast

Awards
Hi guys, I have this problem with the head of my humerus (near the shoulder) is pushed to far forward, and this in turn messes with my rotator cuff muscles. I believe it's because my chest and ant. delts are tight, and I don't have a lot of mass on my post. delts. What do you think. Also, I have a problem with my scapula. They "wing" a lot of the time I do excercises. Are there any ways to fix this?

Also, is there anyway to isolate the lower trapezius? My scapula are elevated a lot of the time, and I have a hard time keeping my shoulders back and down with this problem. This makes it hard to do lat spreads.

Any input (helpful) is appreciated. thanks!

builtolast

Awards
Bumpin it till i get some feedback. Any is good.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Ok I'll see what I can do here. If your chest and anterior delts are tight then focus on stretching them after you work them. Try weighted stretches at the end of your workout like DB fly's.
As for lower traps try slightly bent over db shrugs so that your directly looking at the floor.
A
s for the scapula, are u trying to say you have rounded shoulders? Give me some more info here.

xil

Awards
Well you've already identified a lot of the problems... I assume when viewed from the side your shoulders are rounded forward? Perform a lot of midback and rear delt work, and working your external rotators would be a good idea. Strech your chest and shoulders in between sets... perhaps lay off the benching even. The midback work should also strengthen your retractors which you help with the winging

freEQnasty

Awards
I have a similar problem. My right shoulder is lower than my left. It is visibly noticeable. Seems as if I had an injury when young which made them develop differently. and this produces an obvious problem which hurts my bodybuilding when doing many upper body exercises. What would be a good way to lessen the uneven shoulders? Should I try using dumbells for as many exercises as possible, while keeping shoulders even? Or if this is a permanent thing.

bronx220

bronx220

Awards
Hi guys, I have this problem with the head of my humerus (near the shoulder) is pushed to far forward, and this in turn messes with my rotator cuff muscles. I believe it's because my chest and ant. delts are tight, and I don't have a lot of mass on my post. delts. What do you think. Also, I have a problem with my scapula. They "wing" a lot of the time I do excercises. Are there any ways to fix this?

Also, is there anyway to isolate the lower trapezius? My scapula are elevated a lot of the time, and I have a hard time keeping my shoulders back and down with this problem. This makes it hard to do lat spreads.

Any input (helpful) is appreciated. thanks![/QUOTE

it sounds like you are internally rotated and in dire need of a stretching and stabilization program.any NASM trainers in your area???
try focusing on scapular retraction either on a high row machine or lat pulldown.there are several exercises but they are hard to describe .one that will be useful is the ball cobra.if you pm me with your e mail address i can send you pics of what they look like.

Stingray

Awards
Bronx220,

I just tryed this and I think it will be great. I really feel it in my middle back and I feel it pulling my shoulders back. I have been fightiing with shoulder problems since January or so. Went in to the orthopedic doc who gave me a cortazone (sp) shot and said to work on my lats because the injured shoulder was sloping forward (possible causing the problems).

For anybody else thats interested I found the following link, which describes the execution of the exercise:

http://www.apexfitness.com/html/exercise/pgms/ball_co/

EDIT:Bronx, also ment to say thanks for the info.

SR

Last edited: