Toe strength for optimal speed

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
I underestimated how much work the big toe does until I smashed it up a couple years ago in a paddling mishap on Greene River - I spent a solid couple months working out that hobble...

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
Subbed for later. As an aside, I love the ignorance regarding the big toe's importance. Big toe problems more or less ended the careers of two of the largest (and most dominant) athletes in their respective sports; Shaq and Johnathon Ogden. Great idea for a post

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I underestimated how much work the big toe does until I smashed it up a couple years ago in a paddling mishap on Greene River - I spent a solid couple months working out that hobble...
By far, the most painful training injury that I have had while I was fighting was a sprained big toe aka turf toe. Until it's happened to you, it's hard to understand how debilitating turf toe can be to an athlete.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
By far, the most painful training injury that I have had while I was fighting was a sprained big toe aka turf toe. Until it's happened to you, it's hard to understand how debilitating turf toe can be to an athlete.
Couldn't agree more...I broke my big left toe a few years ago and it completely messed with everything I did.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I've fractured my 5th metatarsal before. That was my most debilitating injury (save perhaps a dislocated knee as a kid).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Lol wow one of our professors was talking about this today in a sprinter that he treated. I honestly thought he was full of it...

domore

Awards
I love when the non-athlete population complains when their favorite football player can't play due to turf-toe. It is unbelievable how much it hinders your performance.

Another great post by ZiR RED.