- 09-24-2012, 03:23 PM
So the three day a week hst I have is this:
Seated shoulder press (smith machine I think it's called, the one where the bb I on a track)
Db Lat raises
Db rear lat raises
I have a fee questions:
1) what the best way to do shrugs. I feel the machine is ok since it's easy to switch between weights. Is this acceptable? The bet feeling I get is from carrying around 45s doing shrugs but that's tough to change weights for the 5, 10, and 15 rep ranges.
2) I feel I could do something more compound for triceps extensions such as skulls, am I wrong?
3) dips. I do them narrow instead of wide since I have shoulder problems when I do them wide. Is this ok?
4) am I doing too many workouts per day here? I saw some people keep it to 8 or so max, others do the 14 I do. I used to work out 4 or 5 days a week for a few years but since then it's been maybe once a month so my body is in a anabolic state and should gain quickly. I dont want to go over 10% bw since I feel that's more weight I'll have to lose, more time spent cutting, then more time that I lose not "cutting" and building more muscle.
That's it for now, I'm a newbie to the forums but thanks!
- 09-26-2012, 11:41 PM
I dont think shoulder presses should ever be done in a smith machine; the bar is forced to follow a set path which is usually unnatural from your normal pressing patterns.
09-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Agree 100%. The bar path for an o/h press obviously starts at the clavicle but at the top, the bar should be roughly even with the ears.Originally Posted by Jiigzz
Similar Forum Threads
- By MichaelKies in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 05-03-2008, 12:38 PM
- By micjakson in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 07-09-2007, 12:14 PM
- By meb019 in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 05-23-2007, 12:58 PM
- By pudzian2 in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 05-03-2007, 08:40 AM
- By theshocker21 in forum Training ForumReplies: 20Last Post: 06-16-2006, 03:52 PM