Bulking and cardio?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    Start out with a good track specific warm up.
    Do 8 x 50 yards, with a 50 yard walk back for recovery twice a week for 1-2 weeks.
    Then, increase the distance by 10-15 yards until you are doing 8 x 110 yards (100m) twice a week.
    Once you are able to do all these with a high intensity, we can start working in shuttle runs, longer distance, or more volume.

I think your diet may need some revamping if your goal is to gain muscle. Your fat intake is low, your CHO intake can probably be increased, and your protein intake is excessive. All that extra protein is 1. costing your calories that could be used for biosynthesizing muscle, and 2. is either being converted to fatty acids or glucose and acting as a fuel. If you are 175 lbs then you really don't need more than 180-200 grams.

Br
    This is some really solid advice. For my personal goals, i like to keep my intervals at 400m (at around the 1 minute 15 pace) just to stress my anaerobic glycolytic system (the lactate system) rather than the Anaerobic PCr. There are of course, many ways to programe interval training to suit the training you are looking for.

The way I'd tend to do my training is either; 400m run follwed directly by 400m jog, then 400m run then 300m jog, 400m run, 200m jog, 400m run 100m jog. Rest 2 mins and repeat x 2 or 3.

But thats just my template. Sprints work real well also. Its just another option

Quote Originally Posted by BigD89 View Post
    I don't rele have acces to a track can u convert that to the use of a treadmill? And cho? Thanks a lot for the info I figured my fat intake was too low but I was juss worried about gaining to much fat, mainly because all other times I bulked I ate a lot and got discourage when my belly came and quit
    fat intake doesnt make you fat. Just because the words are the same. This annoys me about the general health perspective. Cholesterol (although the body can synthesize some on its own) plays an important role in hormone production, as does saturated fats etc. I'm not suggesting that you go out and eat 100g of sat fats to produce more test, but bear in mind it plays a role.
    The main reason you gained a belly would have more to do with just how much you ate over your maintainece. The body can only synthesize so much muscle (unless aided by exogenous sources) in a time period. 4000kcals is probably far too much of an excess in your case, although depending on your activity levels I cant really say. I would suggest keeping it as lean as possible by aiming for a 500kcal excess or perhaps a bit more.

And reading your other post about gaining 10lbs, just be mindful of what that 10lbs gained actually was. You will gain strength on an excess, so thats a good sign but just be mindful of body composition

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz

This is some really solid advice. For my personal goals, i like to keep my intervals at 400m (at around the 1 minute 15 pace) just to stress my anaerobic glycolytic system (the lactate system) rather than the Anaerobic PCr. There are of course, many ways to programe interval training to suit the training you are looking for.

The way I'd tend to do my training is either; 400m run follwed directly by 400m jog, then 400m run then 300m jog, 400m run, 200m jog, 400m run 100m jog. Rest 2 mins and repeat x 2 or 3.

But thats just my template. Sprints work real well also. Its just another option

fat intake doesnt make you fat. Just because the words are the same. This annoys me about the general health perspective. Cholesterol (although the body can synthesize some on its own) plays an important role in hormone production, as does saturated fats etc. I'm not suggesting that you go out and eat 100g of sat fats to produce more test, but bear in mind it plays a role.
    The main reason you gained a belly would have more to do with just how much you ate over your maintainece. The body can only synthesize so much muscle (unless aided by exogenous sources) in a time period. 4000kcals is probably far too much of an excess in your case, although depending on your activity levels I cant really say. I would suggest keeping it as lean as possible by aiming for a 500kcal excess or perhaps a bit more.

And reading your other post about gaining 10lbs, just be mindful of what that 10lbs gained actually was. You will gain strength on an excess, so thats a good sign but just be mindful of body composition
    Well my activity level isn't tht high so your prolly right saying 4000 is way to much. Would 3000 be suffice? I will begin to measure my body comp and tweak my diet if I start seeing too high numbers. What percentage should I stay around? Maybe 15%? Don't rele kno the usual for when ppl bulk
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

This is very good advice. I try to stress these same facts in my Sports Nutrition class.

Br
    •   

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 09:57 AM
  2. lean bulking and NEW TO CARDIO
    By Brolic in forum Bulking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 08:23 AM
  3. Bulking and Cardio
    By borneagain in forum Bulking