Sauna / steam room after lifting?

Rude29

Awards
Does going into a sauna or steam room give you positive or negative results?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In general, it can be therapeutic, but as for directly post-workout, I personally don't know of any direct correlation.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Theraputic. Good for sweating out toxins (common cold, post-drinking, etc.). Its not bad for off days followed by some foam rolling and stretching.

As for recovery or benefits post workout, I don't see much.

Maybe pre-workout for 5 minutes if its winter in a cold environment.

Br

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
I have found the benefits of bikram yoga extremely helpful. Its not exactly the same but sort of a parallel, in regards to the heat and sweating so I figured I would share. It has decreased my recovery time, increases my ROM and strength through the ROM in all areas. It has increased feelings of well being and focus. Also it has helped correct a few of my imbalances and weaknesses.

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
I have found the benefits of bikram yoga extremely helpful. Its not exactly the same but sort of a parallel, in regards to the heat and sweating so I figured I would share. It has decreased my recovery time, increases my ROM and strength through the ROM in all areas. It has increased feelings of well being and focus. Also it has helped correct a few of my imbalances and weaknesses.
I used the sauna mainly to detox at first. Messuring progress by the sweat puddle size decreasing over time. Also from an oily to more watery sweat. I then started feeling the bennies of decreased recovery time and decreased joint pain. It also helped relieve stress BIG TIME.

I use 3-4 times /week 15-20 min post.

LivingStrongE

Awards
I usually hit the sauna when I hit my cutting stage. It helps reduce the bloated look and helps reduce the water weight. At the same time it helps reduce muscle soreness. As stated above in earlier replies it is therapeutic.