Chronic Rotator cuff pain...Tendonitis?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by AxPoz View Post
    Oh wow, do you mean you can't get your arms over the top of your head at all, or while keeping your arms straight through out? I can do it, but I bend my arms quite a bit as my shoulder rotates at the top. It still helps, also I think it depends on where you grab the towel and your starting hand separation.
    If I grab the towel at the very ends, I can get to just above my head to where the shoulder starts to rotate, right before my hands start to make the switch to facing rearward, then its too painful. Shoulders make grinding popping and clicking noises when I try. Hurts just as bad when I let my arms back down. Everything pops and clicks back in to place.


  2. Glad I found this thread! I've been having some probs with my left shoulder also. Popping/grinding and mild discomfort and pain. Going to take a week off from shoulder/overhead exercises and see if that helps. Also going to pick up some cissus. Thanks for the info guys
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by TruthWalker View Post
    Glad I found this thread! I've been having some probs with my left shoulder also. Popping/grinding and mild discomfort and pain. Going to take a week off from shoulder/overhead exercises and see if that helps. Also going to pick up some cissus. Thanks for the info guys
    shoulder problems suck

  4. Quote Originally Posted by BigAL46 View Post
    Did you see a sports doc? I was having issues with my right shoulder. Was thinking rotator. Turned out to be a bone spur on my color bone.

    I've had a spur as well and had to have surgery to rmove..not fun

    OP i would highly recommend trying some SNS Cissus and NOW Topical Celadrin

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    SNS/CEL Black Friday sales
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/serio...ml#post5897056

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    I've had a spur as well and had to have surgery to rmove..not fun

    OP i would highly recommend trying some SNS Cissus and NOW Topical Celadrin
    In your opinion was the surgery worth it? Are you better off now then before?
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta

    In your opinion was the surgery worth it? Are you better off now then before?
    Yes-2years after the surgery i can say im alot better off . The recovery(&pain) from the surgery was a bit more than i anticipated though

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    SNS/CEL Black Friday sales
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/serio...ml#post5897056

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Yes-2years after the surgery i can say im alot better off . The recovery(&pain) from the surgery was a bit more than i anticipated though
    It took 2 years to recover??

  8. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta

    It took 2 years to recover??
    No but it did take about 6-8 months for strength and mobility to get back to normal. Obe problem i had was my right shoulder definitely had more strength than left which messed up my form for a lot of exercises

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    SNS/CEL Black Friday sales
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/serio...ml#post5897056

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    No but it did take about 6-8 months for strength and mobility to get back to normal. Obe problem i had was my right shoulder definitely had more strength than left which messed up my form for a lot of exercises

    Day to Day,Are you pain free??

  10. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta

    Day to Day,Are you pain free??
    Not totally but definitely more productive post surgery.

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    SNS/CEL Black Friday sales
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/serio...ml#post5897056

  11. Bench press is nortorious for causing shoulder issues, it's hard to say what you have done without any orthopedic tests or diagnostics, you may also want to consider the anterior glenohumeral joint capsule itself, may be a tear or sprain of this. It may be a good idea to do some tests with your doctor or physical therapist for peace of mind, you don't have to commit to there treatment but atleast you can be more specific in your approach to your shoulder issue.

  12. Go to youtube and search for californiacrossfit the guy has a rediclous amount of videos on shoulder problems. His videos and ones that show some ART have done wonders for me. Check for tight pecs, biceps, mid back, lats. I was tight and had knotts in all but the bicep. Just remember no pain face...

  13. Get some glucosamine in and don't do exercises that hurt your shoulders !
    Want to handstand like bruce lee?

    ----------> lostartofhandbalancing.com <---------------

  14. Quote Originally Posted by loganchristop View Post
    and don't do exercises that hurt your shoulders !
    Which is all upper body exercises.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    Which is all upper body exercises.
    On the bright side, our legs are gonna get huge.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    shoulder problems suck
    Yeah they do. I'm also going to pay closer attention to form, and I looked up some guidelines on self-rehabbing rotator cuff injuries thanks to this thread...so hopefully in a few weeks I will be back up to par

  17. Mod edit. Review the rules. Thank you.

  18. Improving the mobility and strength of my rotator cuffs helped me a lot. Also regulating the volume for upper body work and choosing painless exercises. Turkish get ups are great for shoulders.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by PrimiFit View Post
    Improving the mobility and strength of my rotator cuffs helped me a lot. Also regulating the volume for upper body work and choosing painless exercises. Turkish get ups are great for shoulders.
    Same here. Also warming up properly and I credit Super Cissus because it started to improve a couple weeks after I started taking it.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by newbreed View Post
    Same here. Also warming up properly and I credit Super Cissus because it started to improve a couple weeks after I started taking it.
    Good point . Warming up is important for me too. I even do very short stretches (1-5 seconds) between sets.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Pain under shoulder blade (probably rotator cuff issues)
    By Harry Seaward in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 12:14 PM
  2. shoulder pain (rotator cuff?)
    By Pleonastic in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 06:47 AM
  3. Rotator Cuff Pain on Cycle
    By CryingEmo in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 04:02 PM
  4. Rotator Cuff pain
    By Bean in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 04:53 AM
Log in
Log in