Chronic Rotator cuff pain...Tendonitis?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta

In your opinion was the surgery worth it? Are you better off now then before?
    Yes-2years after the surgery i can say im alot better off . The recovery(&pain) from the surgery was a bit more than i anticipated though

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    mike at competitiveedgelabs dot com

2. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Yes-2years after the surgery i can say im alot better off . The recovery(&pain) from the surgery was a bit more than i anticipated though
    It took 2 years to recover??
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta

It took 2 years to recover??
    No but it did take about 6-8 months for strength and mobility to get back to normal. Obe problem i had was my right shoulder definitely had more strength than left which messed up my form for a lot of exercises

4. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    No but it did take about 6-8 months for strength and mobility to get back to normal. Obe problem i had was my right shoulder definitely had more strength than left which messed up my form for a lot of exercises

Day to Day,Are you pain free??

5. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta

Day to Day,Are you pain free??
    Not totally but definitely more productive post surgery.

•   

6. Bench press is nortorious for causing shoulder issues, it's hard to say what you have done without any orthopedic tests or diagnostics, you may also want to consider the anterior glenohumeral joint capsule itself, may be a tear or sprain of this. It may be a good idea to do some tests with your doctor or physical therapist for peace of mind, you don't have to commit to there treatment but atleast you can be more specific in your approach to your shoulder issue.

7. Go to youtube and search for californiacrossfit the guy has a rediclous amount of videos on shoulder problems. His videos and ones that show some ART have done wonders for me. Check for tight pecs, biceps, mid back, lats. I was tight and had knotts in all but the bicep. Just remember no pain face...

8. Get some glucosamine in and don't do exercises that hurt your shoulders !
    Want to handstand like bruce lee?

----------> lostartofhandbalancing.com <---------------

9. Quote Originally Posted by loganchristop View Post
    and don't do exercises that hurt your shoulders !
    Which is all upper body exercises.

10. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    Which is all upper body exercises.
    On the bright side, our legs are gonna get huge.

11. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    shoulder problems suck
    Yeah they do. I'm also going to pay closer attention to form, and I looked up some guidelines on self-rehabbing rotator cuff injuries thanks to this thread...so hopefully in a few weeks I will be back up to par

12. Mod edit. Review the rules. Thank you.

13. Improving the mobility and strength of my rotator cuffs helped me a lot. Also regulating the volume for upper body work and choosing painless exercises. Turkish get ups are great for shoulders.

14. Quote Originally Posted by PrimiFit View Post
    Improving the mobility and strength of my rotator cuffs helped me a lot. Also regulating the volume for upper body work and choosing painless exercises. Turkish get ups are great for shoulders.
    Same here. Also warming up properly and I credit Super Cissus because it started to improve a couple weeks after I started taking it.

15. Quote Originally Posted by newbreed View Post
    Same here. Also warming up properly and I credit Super Cissus because it started to improve a couple weeks after I started taking it.
    Good point . Warming up is important for me too. I even do very short stretches (1-5 seconds) between sets.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pain under shoulder blade (probably rotator cuff issues)
    By Harry Seaward in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 11:14 AM
  2. shoulder pain (rotator cuff?)
    By Pleonastic in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 05:47 AM
  3. Rotator Cuff Pain on Cycle
    By CryingEmo in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 03:02 PM
  4. Rotator Cuff pain