Tricept kickbacks=Wussy exercise?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    Essentially, I mean that the triceps can only be fully contracted when your arm is behind you (past the line of your torso) compared to when it is at your side. I'm not saying the triceps cant be contracted at your side, but the contraction is stronger then they are behind you.

Try this: in a standing position, flex your tricep as hard as you can by your side, hold and squeeze. Now, with it still contracted move your arm as far as you can behind you and feel the contraction intensify. Then move it back down and you will feel the contraction unintensify.

So with Kickbacks I only bend over 45 degrees. However I still put my tricep parallel to the floor. This helps achieve that contraction.
    I see what you are saying. The reason for that is because of reciprical inhibition via the biceps, which gets stretched when the shoulder is hyper-extended. But I'm not sure how much it would actually effect muscular recruitment of the short and medial head of the triceps which do not cross the shoulder joint.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    I see what you are saying. The reason for that is because of reciprical inhibition via the biceps, which gets stretched when the shoulder is hyper-extended. But I'm not sure how much it would actually effect muscular recruitment of the short and medial head of the triceps which do not cross the shoulder joint.
    you know most people are look at that and going, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!?!?!? lol. :P
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    I see it as a good way to isolate the tricep and make it contract harder than usual. Its not a main exersise due to the light weight having to be lifted, But its a good high rep set for the end every now and then.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

4. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    you know most people are look at that and going, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!?!?!? lol. :P
    haha this

5. I'm not a fan for me because I tend to cheat if I try to do them. I prefer DB skulls or a similar extension from the floor
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
    •   

6. weighted close grip pushups are a killer if you do them right, or weighted seated dips,i know this may sound crazy but i get an awesome pump from both of those

7. Outside of pressing and push ups, my choice for tricep accessory is supine pull over and press. The pull over works the long head (crosses the shoulder) and then you have the press as well. I'm more in this game for function and performance though so I don't often use isolation exercises beyond addressing weak point

8. Quote Originally Posted by tigerdb2 View Post
    Outside of pressing and push ups, my choice for tricep accessory is supine pull over and press. The pull over works the long head (crosses the shoulder) and then you have the press as well. I'm more in this game for function and performance though so I don't often use isolation exercises beyond addressing weak point
    i do that with DBs. i love em.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

9. i love tricep kickbacks with a db or cable..they just give a great pump, burn and even size!!!...if you dont agree, then suck my dick because that feels really good.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ImHereforFun View Post
    i love tricep kickbacks with a db or cable..they just give a great pump, burn and even size!!!...if you dont agree, then suck my dick because that feels really good.
    Thanks for adding something pertinent to the conversation....

Name:  LIMRk.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  49.9 KB

Br

11. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    Thanks for adding something pertinent to the conversation....

Name:  LIMRk.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  49.9 KB

Br
    Lold irl. On topic, close grip bench is my favorite tricep exercise and seems the most effective.

12. Rope extensions are another one that i like
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Exercises for sport performance
    By bigbadboss101 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 04:09 PM
  2. Exposure To Common Exercises
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-24-2003, 08:52 PM
  3. Exercise Science/Training....Test your knowledge!!
    By Lifeguard in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 03:52 PM
  4. common injuries on exercises
    By sage in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 12:35 PM
  5. Exercise Phys.- Muscle Fiber Types
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-12-2002, 12:42 PM