just had gyno removed - AnabolicMinds.com

just had gyno removed

  1. New Member
    mylo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    457

    Reputation

    Unhappy just had gyno removed


    sorry if this is the wrong thread but i didn't know exactly where to post this..

    anyway, i got my gyno removed yesterday, they left the epidural in my spine and an iv in my hand until tomorrow for unknown reasons so im up posting this at 4 in the morning because i can't sleep with this epidural pain.

    i've had gyno since i was 12 from puberty, i guess the test kicked in too rapidly or something... and i'm glad to have finally gotten rid of this curse after all these years.

    now my only problem is that i can't work out at all for 6 weeks... according to the doc, whom in my experience isn't very smart considering he thought all my stretch marks were indicators of steroid use, he also couldn't tell the difference between fat and gyno until he couldn't lipo it out and to make the incisions, but otherwise i think he did a good job.

    i just wanted to know if there's any way to prevent muscle loss during this month and a half of not being able to do nothing? muscle relaxants? i'm planning on going to mexico to buy some flexeril just so i can stay asleep with this pain. ghrp2 and cjc1295 for healing of the incision?

    thanks in advance guys, i truly appreciate the feedback.

  2. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19725

    Reputation

    SUB'N. I have a very small case from propecia and zoloft. So I'm interested in what people say...
    :blindfold:
  3. Senior Member
    roblasane's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,933
    Rep Power
    1016846

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I would just watch your diet and do cardio. Stay lean than once you start lifting again you'll be in good shape.
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    mylo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    457

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    SUB'N. I have a very small case from propecia and zoloft. So I'm interested in what people say...
    rule of thumb: if you've had it for over a year and it's hardened up (doesn't feel like fat), surgery is the only way to go...

    it was exactly 2 grand for the surgery and the results are permanent unless you use AAS without AI's or AE's.
  5. New Member
    mylo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    457

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by roblasane View Post
    I would just watch your diet and do cardio. Stay lean than once you start lifting again you'll be in good shape.

    should i be worried about losing strength though?
  6. New Member
    bigbb123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    356
    Rep Power
    2820

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mylo

    should i be worried about losing strength though?
    Doctors are conservative I had bilateral gyno removed and I was back in the gym within 3 weeks. It's only 3 weeks youl lose a bit of strength but gain it right back consider it a recovery period for your body. Lay off the cardio IMO, increase protein and fat while slightly reducing carbs. Use some bulk leucine and lay off the peptides, let your body do its own natural healing trust me on that one.
  7. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    3092031

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Definitely take it easy, man. Just listen to the docs and ease back into anything physical. As was pointed out, keep the diet in check and just be active however you can be (walking, etc.). You'll lose some strength, but over that period of time, it shouldn't be anything exponential.

    Good luck.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  8. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19725

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mylo View Post
    rule of thumb: if you've had it for over a year and it's hardened up (doesn't feel like fat), surgery is the only way to go...

    it was exactly 2 grand for the surgery and the results are permanent unless you use AAS without AI's or AE's.
    I'm well informed on the basics of gyno and mine for the most part is soft tissue not a hard ball per se... I was more curious about the 6 weeks of down time you mentioned. That seemed/seems crazy,long compared to what I usually hear. All in all mine's not that bad but if I plan on competing within the next two years i'll want to remove it. 6 weeks is just way to long for me not to be working out, 3weeks I can handle if I have to.
    :blindfold:
  9. New Member
    mylo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    457

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    I'm well informed on the basics of gyno and mine for the most part is soft tissue not a hard ball per se... I was more curious about the 6 weeks of down time you mentioned. That seemed/seems crazy,long compared to what I usually hear. All in all mine's not that bad but if I plan on competing within the next two years i'll want to remove it. 6 weeks is just way to long for me not to be working out, 3weeks I can handle if I have to.
    same here, which is why i'm looking for something to heal me up faster but i suppose i'm going to have to wait considering i don't want to touch steroids... GHRP and CJC is my best bet...
  10. New Member
    mylo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    457

    Reputation

    thanks for the feed back guys...

    i just hate this feeling after surgery, almost feels like the time i tore my acl..
  11. New Member
    mik14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    1712

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mylo
    thanks for the feed back guys...

    i just hate this feeling after surgery, almost feels like the time i tore my acl..
    I had the glands removed also, I was lifting again half way through the 3rd week, the break did me good as I Didn't loose any strength at all, by the second week I just started walking on the treadmill And eased back into it.

    All the best with your recovery!
  12. New Member
    mylo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    457

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mik14 View Post
    I had the glands removed also, I was lifting again half way through the 3rd week, the break did me good as I Didn't loose any strength at all, by the second week I just started walking on the treadmill And eased back into it.

    All the best with your recovery!
    yeah i'm planning on using this off time to catch up with some cardio work and weight loss. i suppose it'd be fine to do some sit ups right? thanks man!
  13. New Member
    mik14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    1712

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mylo View Post
    yeah i'm planning on using this off time to catch up with some cardio work and weight loss. i suppose it'd be fine to do some sit ups right? thanks man!
    I would take the first week off completely, that is what i did, try to keep your movement minimal, i have herd it is good to take a full week off every 3 months to let your body recouperate so just chill out the first week, then see how you feel the following week, remember the quicker you heal the quicker your back in the gym goind hard, i just did cardio on the cross trainer and bike so i limited the movement to my upper half. but by the 4th week i was going all out, i was expecting to be weak but its like i actually came back stronger.

    I didnt experience much pain from my op though, i was expecting to wake up in pain and sore after all the stories i read but i felt great. just read your body and take it easy you will be back in no time!
  14. New Member
    mylo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    457

    Reputation

    so i've had this bandage on around my chest for the past 3 days and i've noticed that my chest is starting to cave in O.O

    i mean, the bandage is squeezing my chest in and leaving a line from where it compresses my pecs...

    should i be worried?s
  15. New Member
    mik14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    1712

    Reputation

    would most likely be your chest is swelling from the op, having the tight bandage on, everything is swelling around it, i had a compression vest on for 3-4 weeks and had the similair thing when i took it off to shower it had made everything flat and where it hug around my arms you could see the indent, also where it clipped up down the centre of my chest and stomach it left indents, nothing to worry about it all goes away once the swelling subsides, obviously make sure its not so tight its cutting your circulation off, but they did tell me to keep pressure on it as it helps everything heal up nice and tight and also speeds the healing up.

    Did they give u a compression vest?
  16. New Member
    Senka's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    78

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mylo View Post
    according to the doc, whom in my experience isn't very smart considering he thought all my stretch marks were indicators of steroid use

    I have been putting up with this crap my entire life. I'm going to start accusing obese people of steroid use.
  17. New Member
    mylo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    457

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mik14 View Post
    would most likely be your chest is swelling from the op, having the tight bandage on, everything is swelling around it, i had a compression vest on for 3-4 weeks and had the similair thing when i took it off to shower it had made everything flat and where it hug around my arms you could see the indent, also where it clipped up down the centre of my chest and stomach it left indents, nothing to worry about it all goes away once the swelling subsides, obviously make sure its not so tight its cutting your circulation off, but they did tell me to keep pressure on it as it helps everything heal up nice and tight and also speeds the healing up.

    Did they give u a compression vest?
    no compression vest, mate

    doc said i could buy one which i will tonight or tomorrow online, but he said the bandage would do fine on it's own, as long as it's tight enough. my gyno wasn't VERY bad, he said the skin will contract, and considering i might run metha drol extreme, i'm planning on bulking my chest up as my arms are too big for my chest
  18. New Member
    mik14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    1712

    Reputation

    lol, yeah all the best with everything!

    i been swithching up my chest routine to fill out the chest area, going well so far, just awesome to where a shirt and not see the point of the nipples. i made the mistake of running a few cycles with no AI or pct, so i paid the price literally, all good now though. I been using dunbells for chest instead of barbell and i feel the pump a whole lot more for a few days after..loving it!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 10:53 PM
  2. Who's had gyno removed?
    By CHAPS in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 12:53 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 07:59 AM
  4. Just had Gyno surgery... any others had it?
    By stuffperson in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 11:33 PM
  5. a memory i just had about snorting YHCL
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-12-2003, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in