Lat workout

butrybench555

Awards
Does anybody have a good strength workout of your Lats. It's seems that mine have been struggling. I really don't feel my Lats being worked when I try to work them by doing some back exercise like pull downs, rows, and pull ups. Anyone have a solid workout for me? Thanks. Anything is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Dead lifts, pull ups, and rack pulls. In that order.
Concentrate on pulling your shoulder blades together.
Another trick is before each set touch your lats to help establish the mind and muscle connection.
Good luck.
Peace

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
I start with pull-ups, then do Yates rows, neutral grip pulldowns and finish with decline pullovers.

For me the biggest thing for getting the feel for the lats was using a neutral grip on the pulldown machine, starting with light weight and working up into the working sets.

These things will help you feel the contraction in the lat during pulldowns:

Arch your lower/mid back.
Keep your elbows in tight to your sides the whole time and hold for a second at contraction.
Focus on pulling with the elbows and not with the hands - imagine the hands more as hooks to keep the biceps out of mind.

If you watch some of the old training footage of Dorian training you see how he drives with the elbows for almost everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO22UtdB5x8

^ Love this series of videos - serious training and a hilariously motivating workout partner!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Blood and guts....gotta love it....

TaNkD Up

Awards
Concentrate on pulling your shoulder blades together.
Another trick is before each set touch your lats to help establish the mind and muscle connection.
Good luck.
Peace[/QUOTE]
Very Strong this! Think of your arms as hooks when focusing on lats

butrybench555

Awards
Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

hmmoreno

hmmoreno

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
I start with pull-ups, then do Yates rows, neutral grip pulldowns and finish with decline pullovers.

For me the biggest thing for getting the feel for the lats was using a neutral grip on the pulldown machine, starting with light weight and working up into the working sets.

These things will help you feel the contraction in the lat during pulldowns:

Arch your lower/mid back.
Keep your elbows in tight to your sides the whole time and hold for a second at contraction.
Focus on pulling with the elbows and not with the hands - imagine the hands more as hooks to keep the biceps out of mind.

If you watch some of the old training footage of Dorian training you see how he drives with the elbows for almost everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO22UtdB5x8

^ Love this series of videos - serious training and a hilariously motivating workout partner!
Dorin knows his sh***. I meet him a couple of times, what a honest and funny man. His back was the best ever IMO. He's the pro with the best workout style by far. He does nothing sloppy, he **** with perfect form.