one big lat one small whats the deal??


  1. My right lat has always been larger and stronger. It feels like it has a stronger mind muscle connection as well. I have all kind of symmetry issues going on but my right lat is noticeably larger n seems to br getting worse. Any tips or people on the same boat? When I get some free time I plan on seeing chiropractor and maybe a pt. Just wanted to see if anyone on here had tips..

    My back work out is normally

    Close grip pull down
    Bent bb row
    DB row
    Wide grip seated cable row or face pulls


  2. Why no pull-ups?
    •   
       


  3. Hey man I had this same problem when I work out I'm still working on it . My right lat gets more activated so when I was lockd up I let my self atrophy by selectively working out then after a long while I started back again but strict fourm and its working well . Like I rebuilt my lat foundation because I was never focussed on fourm. I just do pull ups all different grips and BB rows

  4. Everyone has imbalances in their physique... For example- I have the SAME problem you have, but with my pecs.. My left pec gets a significantly better mind / muscle connection and is bigger.. Most people can't tell, but I CAN, and it pisses me off every day...

  5. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni
    Everyone has imbalances in their physique... For example- I have the SAME problem you have, but with my pecs.. My left pec gets a significantly better mind / muscle connection and is bigger.. Most people can't tell, but I CAN, and it pisses me off every day...
    Yea that my another prob I have left pec it larger and more developed.. :/

  6. FWIW I have symmetric lats now, but a year ago one lat was disproportionate to the other. I noticed no difference in strength so it mystified me for the longest time until I realized that not just had I been using an under/over grip for the deadlift, but I used the exact same under/over grip all the time. Once I did a combination of using hook grip or alternating my under/over grip, over time my lagging lat normalized to my other one.

  7. start using ms lefty

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia
    FWIW I have symmetric lats now, but a year ago one lat was disproportionate to the other. I noticed no difference in strength so it mystified me for the longest time until I realized that not just had I been using an under/over grip for the deadlift, but I used the exact same under/over grip all the time. Once I did a combination of using hook grip or alternating my under/over grip, over time my lagging lat normalized to my other one.
    if you deadlift, i would bet this is your problem for sure.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html

  9. NA I don't use that grip. Always palms in.

  10. U could have scoliosis

  11. Spinal nerve compression, specifically C6, C7 and C8 which supply the thoracodorsal nerve. The thoracodorsal nerve is responsible for innervation at the latissimus dorsi. If this is the case and compression exists at any of the aforementioned cervical vertebrae the result will be decreased nerve function that could extend to the lattisimus dorsi on which ever side has presented the imbalance. The decreased nerve function will result in the present imbalance and significantly reduced motor function at the effected lat. My advice would be to seek professional opinion as physical therapy and properly executed chiropractic could easily solve the issue by lessening the pressure on the cervical nerves.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by NYiron
    Spinal nerve compression, specifically C6, C7 and C8 which supply the thoracodorsal nerve. The thoracodorsal nerve is responsible for innervation at the latissimus dorsi. If this is the case and compression exists at any of the aforementioned cervical vertebrae the result will be decreased nerve function that could extend to the lattisimus dorsi on which ever side has presented the imbalance. The decreased nerve function will result in the present imbalance and significantly reduced motor function at the effected lat. My advice would be to seek professional opinion as physical therapy and properly executed chiropractic could easily solve the issue by lessening the pressure on the cervical nerves.
    Wow thank you!!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Wow thank you!!
    No problem, definitely not a diagnosis just an educated guess based on what you are experiencing especially the difference in mind muscle connection. Hope everything goes well with taking care of it, best of luck!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by NYiron

    No problem, definitely not a diagnosis just an educated guess based on what you are experiencing especially the difference in mind muscle connection. Hope everything goes well with taking care of it, best of luck!
    Thanks ill post once after I see a pt.

  15. Good luck keep us informed on how things go.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Whats the deal with APS?
    By Alpine in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 01:42 PM
  2. whats the deal
    By iwinulose2981 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Log in
Log in