Chizlin the Chest

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96%

Chizlin the Chest

Just wondering how to get that overall chizled look. I got good mass on the pecs and BF is around 11% so how do u tone the lower pecs to give them that rounder fuller look and how do u get that line of definition in the center? What exercises will really hit those areas?

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

For starters, don't use terms such as "chizlin"
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.92%

cardio you can't spot reduce
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96%

yea um none of those responses answered my questions, i asked for an exercise to get a rounder FULLER chest, witch in other words means what his the lower chest to give it that rounder look, is it decline, dips of decline flys? And will give u the line of def in the center chest? Flys? incline flys?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.85%

ok:

1. This has been addressed MANY, MANY times before . You can't exactly have spot muscle growth or spot reduction of fat through exercises/diet. What you can do is hit the muscle from different angles, but it basically amounts to your muscle either a) growing larger, desireable in your case b) staying the same or c) atrophying. Your pecs may grow larger, but you cannot determine how they will grow through exericse, thhat is up to your individual genetics/physiology.

2. With that said, if you wish to get a more "chizled" chest, you obvisouly need to work on two things: increasing that muscle size, and controlling your diet enough to reduce bodyfat even further. You're apparently at 11% now, which is good, but obviously not good enough to see the look you desire.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96%

Quote Originally Posted by jweave23
    ok:

1. This has been addressed MANY, MANY times before . You can't exactly have spot muscle growth or spot reduction of fat through exercises/diet. What you can do is hit the muscle from different angles, but it basically amounts to your muscle either a) growing larger, desireable in your case b) staying the same or c) atrophying. Your pecs may grow larger, but you cannot determine how they will grow through exericse, thhat is up to your individual genetics/physiology.

2. With that said, if you wish to get a more "chizled" chest, you obvisouly need to work on two things: increasing that muscle size, and controlling your diet enough to reduce bodyfat even further. You're apparently at 11% now, which is good, but obviously not good enough to see the look you desire.
    okay now i understand, i guess ill see how my pecs stand when i get down to 8%. Oh yea is it true that if u do more incline your chest will look fuller or bigger?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96%

oh yea and thanks for takin the time to post that
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.85%

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleT
    okay now i understand, i guess ill see how my pecs stand when i get down to 8%. Oh yea is it true that if u do more incline your chest will look fuller or bigger?

Did you not get a damn word of what I just posted? If you do inclines you hit your chest from a different angle than other chest exercises. This in turn may spur more growth, so the mucle may grow larger, yes. It is NOT necessarily about what exercise you do, rather what exericise provides hypertrophy which, with a proper diet, will cause that muscle to grow. I'm trying to get you to understand the concept here, not just "what exercise should I do"?

Apparently your routine and/or diet needs tweaking to get where you want to be. There are so many variables it's not as easy as just "yeah dude do more inclines and you'll get a bigger chest". This may prove to be true because of increased volume and hypertrophy, which coupled with a decent diet could yield results, but you need to understand wtf is going on behind-the-scenes with the interplay between your diet and training (not to mention any supplements/anabolics) to be able to fully alter and manipulate each to get the results you want.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.43%

Quote Originally Posted by jweave23
    Did you not get a damn word of what I just posted? If you do inclines you hit your chest from a different angle than other chest exercises. This in turn may spur more growth, so the mucle may grow larger, yes. It is NOT necessarily about what exercise you do, rather what exericise provides hypertrophy which, with a proper diet, will cause that muscle to grow. I'm trying to get you to understand the concept here, not just "what exercise should I do"?

Apparently your routine and/or diet needs tweaking to get where you want to be. There are so many variables it's not as easy as just "yeah dude do more inclines and you'll get a bigger chest". This may prove to be true because of increased volume and hypertrophy, which coupled with a decent diet could yield results, but you need to understand wtf is going on behind-the-scenes with the interplay between your diet and training (not to mention any supplements/anabolics) to be able to fully alter and manipulate each to get the results you want.
    what he said
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.25%

muscle shape is determined by genetics too. If your parents didn't give you the shape of pecs you desire you'll just have to accept the shape you have You can only change size, not shape.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96%

my dad was jacked when he was younger and my mom is toned and thin... so genetics are there, but i dunno if its in my head but i feell ike i got boobs rather than pecs but i also have 11% BF, i mean i can see my top 2 abs w/o flexing... And i heard from people at my gym that incline would build a large sloping chest, what i was askin is if that is true? NOW i understand the concept i think...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chest workouts, not getting the chest.
    By Reverin in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 04:40 AM
  2. shock method for the chest!
    By bencozzy in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 09:07 AM
  3. Building up the lower inner "cleavage" part of the chest?
    By tommy36p in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 04:21 PM
  4. Touch The Bar To The Chest Or Not??
    By Pirate in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 04:05 PM
  5. Working the Chest
    By Rock Lee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 09:53 AM