Chizlin the Chest
- 10-20-2004, 12:33 AM
- 10-20-2004, 01:03 AM
- 10-20-2004, 01:14 AM
10-20-2004, 09:41 AM
yea um none of those responses answered my questions, i asked for an exercise to get a rounder FULLER chest, witch in other words means what his the lower chest to give it that rounder look, is it decline, dips of decline flys? And will give u the line of def in the center chest? Flys? incline flys?
10-20-2004, 09:49 AM
1. This has been addressed MANY, MANY times before . You can't exactly have spot muscle growth or spot reduction of fat through exercises/diet. What you can do is hit the muscle from different angles, but it basically amounts to your muscle either a) growing larger, desireable in your case b) staying the same or c) atrophying. Your pecs may grow larger, but you cannot determine how they will grow through exericse, thhat is up to your individual genetics/physiology.
2. With that said, if you wish to get a more "chizled" chest, you obvisouly need to work on two things: increasing that muscle size, and controlling your diet enough to reduce bodyfat even further. You're apparently at 11% now, which is good, but obviously not good enough to see the look you desire.
10-20-2004, 10:08 AM
okay now i understand, i guess ill see how my pecs stand when i get down to 8%. Oh yea is it true that if u do more incline your chest will look fuller or bigger?Originally Posted by jweave23
10-20-2004, 10:09 AM
10-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by SwoleT
Did you not get a damn word of what I just posted? If you do inclines you hit your chest from a different angle than other chest exercises. This in turn may spur more growth, so the mucle may grow larger, yes. It is NOT necessarily about what exercise you do, rather what exericise provides hypertrophy which, with a proper diet, will cause that muscle to grow. I'm trying to get you to understand the concept here, not just "what exercise should I do"?
Apparently your routine and/or diet needs tweaking to get where you want to be. There are so many variables it's not as easy as just "yeah dude do more inclines and you'll get a bigger chest". This may prove to be true because of increased volume and hypertrophy, which coupled with a decent diet could yield results, but you need to understand wtf is going on behind-the-scenes with the interplay between your diet and training (not to mention any supplements/anabolics) to be able to fully alter and manipulate each to get the results you want.
10-20-2004, 10:51 AM
10-20-2004, 11:25 AM
muscle shape is determined by genetics too. If your parents didn't give you the shape of pecs you desire you'll just have to accept the shape you have You can only change size, not shape.
10-20-2004, 05:10 PM
my dad was jacked when he was younger and my mom is toned and thin... so genetics are there, but i dunno if its in my head but i feell ike i got boobs rather than pecs but i also have 11% BF, i mean i can see my top 2 abs w/o flexing... And i heard from people at my gym that incline would build a large sloping chest, what i was askin is if that is true? NOW i understand the concept i think...
Similar Forum Threads
- By Reverin in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 03-09-2008, 03:40 AM
- By bencozzy in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 1Last Post: 11-17-2004, 08:07 AM
- By tommy36p in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 13Last Post: 07-12-2004, 03:21 PM
- By Pirate in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 11Last Post: 05-12-2004, 03:05 PM
- By Rock Lee in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 19Last Post: 03-22-2004, 08:53 AM