Sport question

yazan

yazan

Awards
Idk if this is real or I am an idiot but here goes:

I try to run on the treadmill. But I can barely get 10 minutes of fast jogging before I am winded. But if I play a sport such as soccer I can run a lot longer. I'm trying to increase my stamina when I run but I dont think that the treadmill helps.

Does anyone else have this problem as well? Or am I crazy lol

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Idk if this is real or I am an idiot but here goes:

I try to run on the treadmill. But I can barely get 10 minutes of fast jogging before I am winded. But if I play a sport such as soccer I can run a lot longer. I'm trying to increase my stamina when I run but I dont think that the treadmill helps.

Does anyone else have this problem as well? Or am I crazy lol
Your problem maybe when you play soccer your not worried and thinking about your stamina as when your on the treadmill your mind isn't focused on a soccer ball or what your opponents next move will be its focused on your stamina...try to take your mind off running while your running on the treadmill

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
If possible, try running off of the treadmill. They tend to alter running mechanics in addition to boring the ever loving hell out of you, as mentioned.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Playing soccer also changes the intensity of running a lot. Sometimes short bursts of sprints, then slow jogging even some walking.

The competitive nature of sports activity also helps as well as some adrenalin.

mistygreen

Awards
Yes,I think you should go for running.Or try swimming ..I think swimming is also a great option for you.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Do some outside HIIT, if you really want to improve your soccer fitness, focus on the same types of exercises that you would do while on the field. As daniel said, running on a treadmill keeps you at a constant pace and while it will improve your overall fitness, it wont give you the speed you need when you need to take off (jogging recruits more slow twitch muscle fibers while HIIT and sprints use fast twitch), thats why you should be building the muscle fibers that are going to assist you the most.

As you are constantly chnaging pace in soccer, make sure your exercises reflect this to really boost your game

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you would like a pretty good resource for running/endurance that may be inline for what you are looking for, look up crossfit endurance. You can skip the crossfit workouts and keep with what ever routine you like, but add in their "endurance" work. They have options for running, swimming, cycling, etc and options for working multiple sports.

yazan

yazan

Awards
If you would like a pretty good resource for running/endurance that may be inline for what you are looking for, look up crossfit endurance. You can skip the crossfit workouts and keep with what ever routine you like, but add in their "endurance" work. They have options for running, swimming, cycling, etc and options for working multiple sports.
I'll look that up. Thx dude