Training making me fat?

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.36%

I haven't been on here in a while but I just read this entire thread and felt compelled to post.

My take on your problem is that you have issues with instant gratification and recurrent body image issues. Not being a dick here but actually speaking from personal experience.

My significant other suffered from severe bulimia years ago and was actually hospitalized for it. Intensive cognitive behavioral therapy helped her regain control over her thoughts and actions. She struggles with it every day but now has the tools to dominate her disorder and not the other way around. Consider something similar

As far as instant gratification goes, achieving your physique goals through working out, diet and recovery is a long term cumulative process. You change diets, routines and philosophies like some people change their underwear. Consistency is a big part of the equation. You never allow your body to reach a healthy equilibrium. While those "keto" diets can initialize a reduction in body fat, they are not a healthy, viable long term solution to reaching your goals. Eat healthy foods in healthy proportions and improvements will be inevitable. Macros and food choice homey!

Your muscles and brain depend on certain amounts of carb for proper functioning. Restricted carb diets impair cognitive functioning. By the way, I'm talking sweet potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, fibrous veggies here, not mountain dew or snickers bars.

Also, spending 2-3 hours in the gym is severely catabolic. I see that you're trying to cut back and that's good. I perform cardio AND strength training in under an hour. Diet and recovery is 80% of the equation. Don't kill yourself in the gym or you will become one big catabolic mess. Maybe if you were juicing and sleeping 10 hours a day with no job could you effectively recover from your workouts lol.

I could go on and on but to summarize, stop changing things so often and work on your personal/mental stuff. In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter if you aren't "perfect"? I promise you nobody will be standing over your coffin when you're dead talking about that 'subcutaneous layer of water he just couldn't rid of' or your 'subpar V-taper'. Eat, drink, workout and be merry!

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.66%

I agree with the above post, but I also see you taking such a ridiculous amount of different supplements. I think you should look more into your diet and not mess around with (i forget how many you listed 5, 6, 7?) that many supplements. Supplements are just to "supplement" your eating or if your taking them for recovery or sleep reasons that's just a big money game. Eat the right amounts fit to you, get enough sleep and you'll be better off instead of taking one of every supplement to aid in some sort of action for you. There is no magic pill.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.51%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Thank you above 2 posters. All valid points which I agree with 100% thanks for taking the time to post
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Little update- started on a new workout and changed my diet up.. First n foremost- diet is now 4-6 days of keto followed by a carb inclusion day. I am eating only meats, fish, and animal fat, eggs, the like.. No veggies or salad or any carbs what so ever, aside from the 2g in my protein mix. Energy is great, as Is mood.. Leaning up literally ecerywhere except lower belly. Im not 18 anymore.. Im almost 24, I guess I should stop expecting 3 day results..
    I have to post on this, this is EXTREMELY misguided. No vegetables? Vegetables contains lots of vitamins and minerals that play a huge part in important metabolic reactions (i.e. releasing energy from food), not to mention the other important stuff in there. Also, veges contain very small amounts of useable carbs (most of the carbs being from fiber which doesnt really supply much calories).

You seriously need to rethink this strategy. Your health will begin to decline rapidly (within a month no doubt). You could get serious deficiencies and things.
    Lack of fiber could promote colon cancer as well as a multitude of other things..
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.36%

^^^can I get an Amen?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

eat your damn vegetables!
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.51%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

The no vegetables thing is 3-4 days, then carbs, repeat. I'm taking a multi, extra b, d, c, calcium, magnesium, desiccated liver, kelp, and digestive enzymes. Eating about a dozen eggs a day..
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.51%

http://www.ironguru.com/vince-girond...efinition-diet

Lots of material on this- just google maximum definition diet.. Its temporary, will begin a regular diet with veggies/low glyc carbs towards september.. I hear whAt yall r saying.. Just Trying this out.. So far it's all good.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.36%

Spinach, asparagus or broccoli added to a few meals every day will do your physique wonders. No matter WHAT your goal (cutting, bulking, etc.). Trust us dude!
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Thixotrope
    Spinach, asparagus or broccoli added to a few meals every day will do your physique wonders. No matter WHAT your goal (cutting, bulking, etc.). Trust us dude!
    I believe u and LOVE Those foods! Always have.. I'm just trying this for now bc for whatever reason, my usual cutting methods have not worked this year.
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.96%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

I agree with a lot of the above postings... (read: eat, drink, work out, be merry).

Either way, I'm not one to talk about a 100% diet but some people believe in low carbs & all
    I believe in everything in moderation. Like the 40/30/30 diet & man u are leaner than A LOT of people. Also honestly I don't see how a person can stay fat or become fat if all they ate were slow carbs, chicken breast, veggies, fruits, nuts & drank water.... Unless cals were crazy high...

Enjoy yourself overall Cheeda and you'll find what works.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.51%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    I agree with a lot of the above postings... (read: eat, drink, work out, be merry).

Either way, I'm not one to talk about a 100% diet but some people believe in low carbs & all
    I believe in everything in moderation. Like the 40/30/30 diet & man u are leaner than A LOT of people. Also honestly I don't see how a person can stay fat or become fat if all they ate were slow carbs, chicken breast, veggies, fruits, nuts & drank water.... Unless cals were crazy high...

Enjoy yourself overall Cheeda and you'll find what works.
    while lifting 3-5 days a week (depending on time of year) and doing combo of hiit and low intensity cardio.. Idk either.. Feel like we r beating a dead horse now lol. I mean yea my avi is lean as fugg but I am not that right now at all. Don't matter too much anymore lol. "it is what it is"
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    while lifting 3-5 days a week (depending on time of year) and doing combo of hiit and low intensity cardio.. Idk either.. Feel like we r beating a dead horse now lol. I mean yea my avi is lean as fugg but I am not that right now at all. Don't matter too much anymore lol. "it is what it is"
    Have you considered that maybe your body is retaining the calories for a reason? For example, eating well below a healthy deficit will promote weight loss, but also will force your body to store more calories during refeeds and things, this is a survival response. The best way is to reduce calories to something like <500kcals of maintainence and KEEP this throughout a cut (keeping in mind that as you drop mass, you will also have to adjust macro intake in proportion to mass lost so that you maintain a 500kcal deficit).
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz

Have you considered that maybe your body is retaining the calories for a reason? For example, eating well below a healthy deficit will promote weight loss, but also will force your body to store more calories during refeeds and things, this is a survival response. The best way is to reduce calories to something like <500kcals of maintainence and KEEP this throughout a cut (keeping in mind that as you drop mass, you will also have to adjust macro intake in proportion to mass lost so that you maintain a 500kcal deficit).
    Very true.. Upon reflecting, during my most successful cuts, I was eating much more balanced. Also important to note is during off peak season (winter months) I gained about 15 pounds and reduced my cardio and workout intensity.. This year, I only gained about 5 pounds and kept my intensity very high thru the winter.. Hence why my 'cutting techniques' aren't working- more simply- there is no roomto increase intensity or decrease cals! It's all big mindfcuk. If it wasn't summer I'd say f it and be eating much more soundly and reduce my intensity to give my body the needed equilibrium. But at this point I'm in too deep. And will make the best of the summer.. Yes, Its 95% mental and I probably think I'm worse off Than I am, aesthetically.. Idk where I'm going with this lol
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.51%

Just snapped these quick today.. After one full week of keto- wasn't planning on posting them, were more as a self check- but now just thought it might help everyone see where im at
    Disnt think to do arms. Was flaring lats not flexing mid back.. Front shot is no flex or anything

Name:  image-1440419071.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  122.8 KB

Name:  image-1708973231.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  108.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.51%

Bumpdate
    For those interested-

Carb up on Sunday went great- minor gi issues but nothing unbearable.. Was pretty backed up on the 5th day of keto.. Had a lot of fiber one cereal and Ezekiel flax cereal along with some raisins and bananas. Had a sushi/Chinese dinner (restaurant not takeout) high quality.. Some Briwn rice with the meal and my gf's leftover rolls (4 pieces) with white rice. Woke up with no bloating/no noticeable water retention- had a ton of gym energy. Resumed keto today. Looking Nd feeling pretty good with reduced cardio and abdominal work, faster paced workouts, and removing of heavy dead lifts.. Did single leg BB deads today for reps 12 each leg with 30 seconds rest after both legs were done for 2 sets. Then banged out two sets of 12 or hypers. (as opposed to 5-7 heavy sets of bb deads) I dis front squats in the hack machine last week And liked the feel, will do those again on leg day. About all for now..
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.51%

New log up and running in sig

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
  2. New job is making me have a hard time training
    By madds87 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 09:57 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 12:00 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 06:20 AM
  5. Making the change from high to low volume training