Elbow joint pain.

LTFU

Awards
Recently I've been experiencing some elbow joint pain. Went and got a strong vitamin pack with strong glucosamine and all that good stuff specifically designed to relieve joint pain. Seeing as I just took a week off a few weeks ago I really don't want to take another off. I was wondering what some recommendations as far as reps and sets to try and help the healing a little more. Low weight/ high reps? High rep drop sets? Any help?

inda11

inda11

Awards
Recently I've been experiencing some elbow joint pain. Went and got a strong vitamin pack with strong glucosamine and all that good stuff specifically designed to relieve joint pain. Seeing as I just took a week off a few weeks ago I really don't want to take another off. I was wondering what some recommendations as far as reps and sets to try and help the healing a little more. Low weight/ high reps? High rep drop sets? Any help?
Taking one week out now to help you recover is way better then having elbow problems for the rest of your life. Plus if you eat correctly you won't lose any mass and only a little but of strength. Sometimes you just have to ask yourself are you a professional body builder? Does it bring the money into your house hold? If it ain't then take a break. Health is everything not big muscles.

LTFU

Awards
Ha true, true. Probably what I'll end up doing just to play it safe

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
Does the pain ever go into your forearm? When does the pain become noticeable? Always or during certain lifts? I am just wondering because several times in years past I dealt with pain in my forearm that seemed to start from the elbow and go up my forearm. It usually would flare up when doing arm lifts like curls or anything that strained the forearm. Funny thing both occasions the only thing that helped me heal was a long break from lifting. Why funny? Because both times I was forced to take the break. Once was because I broke my left hand and the other was a major illness/disease(Ulcerative Colitis) I have hospitalized me for a bit and the recovery time before getting back to the gym was several weeks.

LTFU

Awards
I had that pain your talking about going into your forearm a few years ago and took a break also which helped it. It faintly hurts throughout the day, and then more so when I'm doing heavier lifting. Got a vitapack and alot of other things to help aid and have also scaled way down on weight and diff movements. If it doesnt help any, ill be forced to take time off (as much a i hate it).

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SuperCissus & fish oil.

ludbg

ludbg

Awards
6x caps fishoil + animal flex -- fixed my elbow problems

LITERaCOLA

Awards