non-detrimental Pectoral & Deltoid exercises?

sina

Banned
Awards
In reference to terrible achy shoulder-joints. What exercises can you preform for pecs and shoulders that will not cause any pain to your joints? Thanks!

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Generally most neutral grip presses take a lot of stress of the shoulders. Incline dbs are great. When my shoulders were real sh**Ty a few years back the hammer strength machines were pretty shoulder pain friendly as well. You may want to address the underlying reason why your shoulders hurt though bro. Look up some proper shoulder warm UPS, ytwls, wall slides, sleeper stretch, etc.

sina

Banned
Awards
Thanks guys just probably not warming-up my rotator-cuff and going too heavy caused a strain on my rotator cuff. I took 4 weeks off but the pain went like 35% away but I still have some shoulder tendonities maybe I need to take another 6-8 weeks off to fully heal. I want to start training chest/delts again but I don't want to hurt it.

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
throw some fish oil tablets into your diet helps with joint pain

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Ive been doing dumbell presses a lot latley. If the movement is hurting my shoulders some days i try pull my elbows in a little more and rotate my wrists so the dumbells are at a 45 degree angle (halfway between barbell press and DB fly positioning-if that makes sense) compared to the tratitianol 90 degrees 'straight bar' grip. I find it helps.

The Storm16

Awards
Thanks guys just probably not warming-up my rotator-cuff and going too heavy caused a strain on my rotator cuff. I took 4 weeks off but the pain went like 35% away but I still have some shoulder tendonities maybe I need to take another 6-8 weeks off to fully heal. I want to start training chest/delts again but I don't want to hurt it.
A lot of shoulder injuries (especially overuse injuries like tendinitis) are the result of muscle imbalances and postural issues.....do you have pronated shoulders? Which rotator cuff muscle did you hurt?

trayhawk

trayhawk

Awards
IF you're familiar with westside training and Christian Thiabaudeau, they strongly espouse the benefits of eccentricless training. IM an idiot and I built a tire sled that I put weights on for about 10 dollars. There is no eccentric load and because its purely concentric contractions, it primes your muscle cells for glycogen replenishment as it upregulates and brings the GLUT4 transporter to the sell surface(the the transporter most involved bringing glucose into the cells. You'll recover better and its easy on you joints (NOT superior to standard ecccentric/concentric) lifting though.

Also. buy some medium band and from anywhere elitefts.com has them or even amazon. Attach them to the top of a power rack and you will be able to not only increase the load your using but also greatly reduce the stress on the shoulder girlds as the eccentric portion of the movement is greatly reduced. Also, of your a flat bench aholic learn to love the standing press or push press its a much greater test of strength and will naturally force you to not overdue one movement plane(flat bench or horizontal pressing).

And when you bench - only for flat bench - try to first shrug your shoulders up next to your ears as in a typical shrug and maintain that position. Not only will you feel stronger, but also you'll feel less pain and more locked in place.