share your thoughts on leg growth

1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.69%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

share your thoughts on leg growth

In high school and early military years i benched twice a week. I rarely worked legs. As ive grown mentally and physically, my legs have lagged. My chest , shoulers, and back all have thick solid mass from working like that. I was thinking of doing similar to get the legs growing, monday/Thursday squat days. Right now i see no reasons not to besides the risk of over training. I already excersice good form with squats... atg method so i know thats not my issue for laggy leg growth. I go as heavy as good form will allow and from the 3-10 rep range typically.

Any insight from the powerlifters or guys with massive wheels would be great. My legs need to grow!
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I do a Steve Reeves based full body split which has squating 3 days a week.

Assuming your routine is set up ok, there is not reason you could not squat two times a week.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Squatting twice a week is fine. You might devote one squat day to working strength - do higher intensity stuff on this day, do a few working sets with low reps (1-5). I like to deadlift after squatting, even if I squat heavy, so I would jump to those. I would also do some sort of supplemental lift, like hack squat machine, leg press, lunges, front squats, something with a concentration on muscle contraction and really trying to kill your legs in one set, kind of like a finisher.

Then the second squat day you could do more volume work. Either do like 5-6 sets of 3-5 reps, or do 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps. I'd do a few other supplemental lifts as well, but again going for volume more than intensity.

^ that's what I do.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I squat 2x a week, 1 day is heavy, the other day is volume.... my legs are Hyooooge.
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.69%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia
    Squatting twice a week is fine. You might devote one squat day to working strength - do higher intensity stuff on this day, do a few working sets with low reps (1-5). I like to deadlift after squatting, even if I squat heavy, so I would jump to those. I would also do some sort of supplemental lift, like hack squat machine, leg press, lunges, front squats, something with a concentration on muscle contraction and really trying to kill your legs in one set, kind of like a finisher.

Then the second squat day you could do more volume work. Either do like 5-6 sets of 3-5 reps, or do 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps. I'd do a few other supplemental lifts as well, but again going for volume more than intensity.

^ that's what I do.
    I should have specified, thats what the plan would be, one heavy ass day and one medium weight day.

Appreciate all the feedback guys.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

Similar Forum Threads

1. school is open share your thoughts
    By new2thisworld in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 12:35 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 01:32 AM
  3. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 10:23 PM