Pec gains...

K

karmasmile

Awards
Was wondering if I could get some different takes on the BEST way to get the best gains in my pectorals?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
best for what? strength? size?

both involve lots of food and lots of hard work. things most people are not willing to do.

throw in some great genetics, i hope you picked your parents good, and you may or may not have good pecs someday.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
This guy has been all over the forums like a week asking for advice on how to get like most of the people here in the forum in no time...If you want a chiseled physique you build it with time , effort , diet , motivation , decision and perseverance...No easy way , no magic pill, no miracle workout...it takes time , as with all the posts , links , reads and advice we've been giving you for these past few days.

G

grunted

Awards
dumb bell everything, barbell everything. then do it once a week. uprate weights every week 5-10lbs.

K

karmasmile

Awards
No offense, but I never used the word easy. I'm looking for advice straight from you guys, is that not a part of the concept of anabolic minds? If not I apologize for my ignorance. I am new but I'm not retarded, I know hard work and dedicAtion and diet are the main ingredients to being successful. I'm just searching for guidance in the small areas, the areas that I personally want to excell better in. I know I could google all these questions that I'm asking you guys, but I prefer the one on one feel of this site. Thank you guys for your patience and help.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
did all the other "how to get a big chest" threads get deleted?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Does most people on here enjoy bein a smart ass to the new people or something?
No , but both hvactech and me have given you plenty of advice for all the same things and you just kinda ignore it and keep asking shortcuts.

"Do" most people.
And trust me most of the guys here are pretty chill, we just like it when people do their research and discuss stuff , rather than asking the same things over and over when we already were nice enough before to help out (and like some do, point out there's a search bar)

G

grunted

Awards
yeah why not? if you can hack two barbells lol

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Barbell flyes have to be the best exercise ever to explode your chest regardless of genetics. Talking Arnold ripped! Unlike the other guys here that rather you do the searching I don't mind throwing out the advice just to get people to STFU and get outta the "asking dumbass questions" phase. If you want a simple chest routine that WILL help your chest grow as long as you work for it:

Chest Workout (Done two days a week, i.e. Monday and Thursday)
1. Bench Press 3 X 3-5
2. Incline Bench 3 X 6-10
3. Flies/Crossovers 3-6* X 10-12

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Barbell flyes have to be the best exercise ever to explode your chest regardless of genetics. Talking Arnold ripped! Unlike the other guys here that rather you do the searching I don't mind throwing out the advice just to get people to STFU and get outta the "asking dumbass questions" phase. If you want a simple chest routine that WILL help your chest grow as long as you work for it:

1. Bench Press 3 X 3-5
uh. dude. barbell fly? you've gotta have some serious man t*ts to do flies with a solid peice of steel in two hands. maybe dumb bell flies. lol. definately agree with the 2 day a week split. maybe even swap inclines with flat benches every other month, upper pecs tend to be more visible and it will help lift and seperate like victorias secret.

personally i've never had issues making my chest grow. infact its pretty dis proportional to the rest of my body. my best size gains were 3-5 sets of 5 or less reps. i'd pyramid up until i couldnt hit 5 reps anymore. heavy compound movements are what you use to spur growth. leg extensions are nice, but you wont have ridiculous quads with out slamming a bar on your back and dropping your azz to the floor. same with chest, shoulders, back, biceps and triceps. keep it simple. do 4 exercises on chest day 16-20 sets total. no need to get nuts with volume if you want to grow.

A Hardcore Look At Wendler's 5/3/1 Powerlifting Routine | Muscle & Strength

give that a shot if you dont listen to what everyone else and i said. thats from a pro power lifter. them dudes are big.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

1. Bench Press 3 X 3-5
Dude check his threads , I gave him nice and friendly advice , reads, guidelines , encouragement...but it just seems like he didn't even read them , for the 5/3/1 , starting strength and 5x5 programs I recommended easily point out all this...

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Dude check his threads , I gave him nice and friendly advice , reads, guidelines , encouragement...but it just seems like he didn't even read them , for the 5/3/1 , starting strength and 5x5 programs I recommended easily point out all this...
maybe if enough people tell him to do the same thing he'll listen. some times its hard to sink in until results are seen visibly.

oh i have one more thing to say. lift with a spotter/partner. force reps to finish off the 5 rep count are invaluable. i havent had a spotter in a year almost, had someone help me out the other day and my chest feels like hamburger from force reps.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yeah people all think that the key to a good physique is some mystic secret inside the routine , or a magic pill that makes it all perfect in like 3 months (which by the way I still dont get...how do people, who have never done anything in their life, think they can become chiseled bodybuilders in 3 months? Oo). I guess it just takes time and good effort, and many people to keep reminding you, there's no shortcut , there's no easy way out...you gotta go through with it , day in , day out...its a lifestyle after all

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure you did, but I read some of the answers on this thread. As for looking for his other threads, I can only deal with one persons stupid posts just once. I answer and leave lol

KingCoopa

KingCoopa

Awards
Yes most do karma listen to grunted dumbbells are the best. They force u to use far more muscle groups.

mattymatt83

mattymatt83

Awards
I'm new and would like to know how to make a post??

Thanks

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
mattymatt83

mattymatt83

Awards
But I'm on someone else's thread posting...?
I wanna make my own thread and topic so people can comment and help me.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
But I'm on someone else's thread posting...?
I wanna make my own thread and topic so people can comment and help me.
Click on the sub forum threads (Like Exercise science etc. which ever is related to what you want to ask) and then click on Post New Thread somewhere on the page near the left hand side at the top-ish