Exercises for the serratus anterior

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
I was just wondering if anyone had any good exercises that they like to develop the serratus anterior muscles. Pullovers are the only thing that I can really think of to hit them. Any ideas?

BigChuckles

Awards
You can work them by doing close grip pullups. Just focus on feeling your serratus. I got that exercise from Arnold's encyclopedia. I got another exercise that shawn ray uses. I would describe it but i'm bout to head to bed. If I remember i'll describe it tomorrow. :thumbsup: Matter of fact i'll check Arnold's book because he may other exercises

Dan

Awards
Rope pulls. Attach a rope to a high pulley, grab it and kneel down facing the pulley, then perform a pullover type movement brining your arms relatively straight all the way to the ground.

bigpump23

Awards
Rope pulls. Attach a rope to a high pulley, grab it and kneel down facing the pulley, then perform a pullover type movement brining your arms relatively straight all the way to the ground.

bump

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
well a pullover type movement is really all that will effect them since that's what they're designed to do! I think normal pullups give them enough sidework, but I always liked DB pullovers holding it like skullcrushers.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
well a pullover type movement is really all that will effect them since that's what they're designed to do! I think normal pullups give them enough sidework, but I always liked DB pullovers holding it like skullcrushers.
bump,

start light though , get your form and keep it strict,
start too heavy your shoulder comes apart.