arm size - AnabolicMinds.com

arm size

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Answers

arm size

this is a hypothetical question. since most (average) people on the street will judge how big you are based on your arms, .. What size arms should you have to be considered *big* --average male 6'0 tall

2. Board Supporter
    Answers

17" is "big"

3. IBE Representative
    Answers

in the eyes of other males or females?

•   

4. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze
    in the eyes of other males or females?
    both

5. IBE Representative
    Answers

guy's think 17" is big, girls think 15" is big

I had a girl recently tell me i was "buff like usher"....I dont hit women, but she was pushin me.

6. Board Supporter
    Answers

17" lean arms are a good, managable size....i'll take two, thanks!

7. New Member
    Answers

I had a girl recently tell me i was "buff like usher"....I dont hit women, but she was pushin me.

that bitch!!

8. Professional Member
    Answers

I had a girl recently tell me i was "buff like usher".....
    I would have gone home immediately and injected 2grams of test.

9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

I had a girl recently tell me i was "buff like usher.
    damn bro, need a hug?

10. Board Supporter
    Answers

11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I have about 17.5 " and had someone recently tell me god granted me with two sets of legs...Made me feel like going back to the gym for another work out I probably have 1/2' of fat though I could shave off if not a little more but with people who don't go to the gym and with 13-14 inch arms they get impressed . Now if I could only drop the love handles.

12. New Member
    Answers

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    I have about 17.5 " and had someone recently tell me god granted me with two sets of legs...Made me feel like going back to the gym for another work out I probably have 1/2' of fat though I could shave off if not a little more but with people who don't go to the gym and with 13-14 inch arms they get impressed . Now if I could only drop the love handles.
    i hear that stupid handles

13. Advanced Member
    Answers

the appearence of your arms depend on many things. like i know these guys that go to my school, most of them are fat **** bouncers (another thing i never understood, why do bar managers think that fatass out of shape ****bags make good bouncers, well thats for another day) that probably have 20 inch arms that look like ****, because you couldn't see a striation cut or peak or any hint of definition and detail. so it all depends because i know some cafeteria ladies at my school with 24 inch "guns". the tape measure usually don't mean ****.

14. Banned
    Answers

Damn, Omar, that was funny...the bouncers, the lunchladies...too true!

15. New Member
    Answers

haha

16. Board Supporter
    Answers

Very few people are ripped with 17 or 18 inch arms. As soon as I start to diet, I lose the fat around my arms and face first.

17. New Member
    Answers

its strange but i have no intension measuring my arms. I know that when i'm bulking up they tend to grow or atleast they're looking full , I cant' even see my triceps , its like they are drowned. Its surtainly makes a big difference when I go outside with the feeling I got big arms even know they are not cut, just slightly cut. But when i'm cutting my arms they will start getting smaller and smaller like toothpics. I wish i could stay full all the time but bulking too often with fatty foods aint good. On the other hand my shoulders are so wide that they never tend me to look skinny. Got lucky with a large frame, long bones

I'm 25 , 230 lbs, 6'5" , 25% bodyfat

18. Banned
    Answers

rrgg--try again

19. Senior Member
    Answers

I've had my arms slightly past 20'' inches before and they never looked big to me. Now my freinds think I'm huge but I just don't see it. I guess its because I'm used to seeing myself in the mirror everyday. If I remeber right people started commenting on my arms when they hit around the 18'' mark.

20. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrong20
    I've had my arms slightly past 20'' inches before and they never looked big to me. Now my freinds think I'm huge but I just don't see it. I guess its because I'm used to seeing myself in the mirror everyday. If I remeber right people started commenting on my arms when they hit around the 18'' mark.
    Same here, had em pushing 21" but so used to seeing em it's no big deal. Like you the comments started around 18" but now I get this alot. I don't train em as hard as I used to, I think any bigger and they'll look cartoonish. Poor me right.

21. New Member
    Answers

holy crap 21's very nice

22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Damn, 21 inch arms, I'd have to wear floaties on my arms to get em that size

23. New Member
    Answers

I've been blessed with a chest and triceps that grow if I look at em long enough. For all you fellas that want bigger arms fukc biceps do your close grip benches, weighted dips and skull crushers. Your tri's are 2/3 of your arms.

24. Professional Member
    Answers

I agree with Omar, I can't stand the fat ****s of the world that think they're king **** because they have 20inch guns of purt fat. If they actually get there bf below 20% they would dwindle down to 15inches. LOL I mean are you ****ing kidding me. To answer the question 17" arms that are defined look big to most people. I say don't be as concerned about size worry more about quality. Anyone can get 20inch arms, just eat like a slob.

25. Senior Member
    Answers

hehe, i also have been told i was 'cut' like usher. whats with girls and usher?
    I would say 17 is solid. But of course, all depends on if you're talking about lumberjack fat sausage arms or lean solid 17 inches +. Interesting point that girls and guys see big arms with a different definition. I would agree with this statement.
    Sage

26. Banned
    Answers

And BigBadBootyDaddy is totally right on about tri development-->Your tris are 2/3 of your arm, and in my experience, grow faster than Bis.

Weighted Dips all the way...and lots of cable pressdown supersets with varying grips!

27. Banned
    Answers

The Usher comment is b/c his sexual allure for most women is off the charts, as are his record sales...which leads me to my feeling that arm size doesn't get you laid, and if that's the only reason you lift, you have a rude awakening

28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Even the judge would understand why you had to hit her bro

29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OmarJackson
    the appearence of your arms depend on many things. like i know these guys that go to my school, most of them are fat **** bouncers (another thing i never understood, why do bar managers think that fatass out of shape ****bags make good bouncers, well thats for another day) that probably have 20 inch arms that look like ****, because you couldn't see a striation cut or peak or any hint of definition and detail. so it all depends because i know some cafeteria ladies at my school with 24 inch "guns". the tape measure usually don't mean ****.
    we need to make a distinction between big guns and fat arms or else even Rosie O'Donnell would have big arms if we just count the inches.

30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Come on we all know it's not the size of the Arms but how you use them :P

31. New Member
    Answers

Come on now if Usher wasn't famous do you think he'd get 1/100 of the girls he gets now? I met Dale Earnhart Jr. at a club in Florida and this 5'4" 140 pound weasel had girls all over him. Some of them didnt even know who he was just knew he was famous and that was enough.

32. New Member
    Answers

usher is a damn tool.....

I have had my arms to about 18 at around 20%

I have seen guys with 21" arms and the rest of them looked like crap.

all i am saying is that if you got massive ass arms use them to build up everything else...

i am leaner now, with around 17" looking lean,
    i have a 40 lb db i keep at work and i do wrist curls at work(because that is all that is feasable while i am there)
    them bastards have been growing, hell there almost 15" ,THAT makes you look like a big mofo, obviously in a shirt. i have Alot of pretty big guys telling me "your huge dude" because that is all they can see.

I am like "whatever". you know what i mean i look at everyone else thinking they are bigger than me. and i am only 5'11" 215lb 14% right now.

FYI:I would never be seen doing wrist curls in a gym(another story), but i will do the hell out ofem at my work (the cave where no one can see.)

33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Answers

I've had mine to touch 20", but now down to 18" (damn cutting is a bitch!). Now they look better but are smaller, and I get just as many or more comments now. I would agree that anything over 17" within a decent bf% range is considered "big".

BTW Blaze.... it's funny as hell because this girl I've been dating recently just told me how nice Usher's body is Women are hilarious, but just roll with it because they think he's hot as hell

34. Registered User
    Answers

mine are at 17.25 i'm around 9% bf right now my arms look pretty ripped i must say and most everyone is very impressed with their size

i think they look good but i personally would never call them "really big" maybe because i look at my arms then at big ron's lol

35. New Member
    Answers

My arms are almost 17", but I don't know of anyone that has said that they are big. They are defined enough that you can tell it is not all fat either. I guess it's just the fact that they are not big proportionally to the rest of my body.

Answers

Hear, hear... I have big forearms, just naturally so, about 14.75" with my 17.25" arms, and people sometimes tell me "hey you have pretty big arms, do you work out?" LMAO... Now, my arms are underdeveloped compared to the rest of me, but I wear loose clothes. Call it modesty.

Then there's this other guy at work with maybe 16" or 16.5" arms with a 40" waist but he's wearing very short sleeves all the time, with leather wrist bands, and the whole thang to try and "look" big. People think HE's big and don't even notice me... Sometimes people think I'm 5'8" when I'm really 5'11" because how I "seem" not big, just wide for my height? Then it's so funny when I roll up my sleeve and flex a little, they all go "Damn! You're, like, lots bigger than THAT guy!" I think it's hilarious because I'm always thinking about how smallish my arms really are...

So? Looking big and BEING big are two different stories. I prefer the latter.

Now, how much are Coleman's arms again? I wonder if HE could find a way to dress so as to simply look short? Very short.

37. USA HOCKEY
    Answers

So very true
    6'1'' 150lbs = HUGE
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

38. Registered User
    Answers

Like those skinny depressed male underwear model type guys. They have 5% body fat (probably 5% muscle too lol), but if you ask a girl, they will say he has a nice body or is strong.

Basically girls look at leaness over muscle size (most girls).

39. Senior Member
    Answers

What do you mean "depressed?"

40. Senior Member
    Answers

Got my arms a tad over 18.5" or so right now. However, I'm mid-cycle with some M1,4add and have retained a bunch of water. They'll go down around 17.5" after I dump the water and some b/f. My goal is to get solid 20's. However, I still need to get my "get away sticks" caught up so I look a bit more proportional.

People at work are beginning to talk some crap because of my appearance right now. Steroid comments are beginning to come out, and I got called Arnold the other day when I walked in for an association meeting (although I liked that comment ). Hell, even my wife is questioning me about what I'm using.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. right/left arm size
    By Beandorf in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 04:10 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 05:02 PM
  3. The Best Workout to increase Arm Size??
    By Inchamery in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 07:38 PM
  4. Help Equalizing Arm Size.
    By jmh80 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 05:03 PM
  5. Increased arm size with squat routine?
    By Hellhound in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 07:04 PM