INJURY LOG: SLAP repair, prehab / surgery / rehabilitation training log

Page 7 of 7 First ... 567

1. Quote Originally Posted by pyro123 View Post
    Nice thread. Currently using TB500 and MK2866.. The former helped tremendously but serioulsy feel is being underdosed even up to 6mg. i heard at this low dosage there is no real repair...now looking into ipamorelin. any updates?
    btw, i had slap tear three years ago and still painful.. my other shoulder has AC joint arthritis and is more painful than slap tear..imagine that...
    I've actually discovered that the pain in my other shoulder which I thought was AC joint pain, was muscle pain deep in the upper trap - due to another SLAP tear (which is minor). I've managed to rehab it with a TENS unit and cable work. The TENS unit really helped to get the spasm out of it. It was feeling extremely painful for months until I used electricity on it. So far I haven't needed another operation to fix the other shoulder.

I'm not using any GHRP's at the moment. I've been thinking about this again the past few days though. If you're thinking about doing this, I definitely suggest CJCw/DAC + Ipamorelin. RE: TB500, I think you are right. 5mg per week definitely helped with inflammation and pain though, and helped mobilize faster.

Currently I'm training twice per week (full body sessions), doing PT on the side at home, and have been doing hot yoga almost everyday. Feeling pretty good and gains have overall been good lately. Trying not to push it too hard atm, but am slowly building up volume etc. I can really feel it in my shoulders when benching, even with reverse grip (when it gets heavy), so I really need to make a point out of focusing on volume vs strength atm.

2. Haven't pulled the peptide trigger on anything else yet.
    I'm now torn between ipamorelin and IGF 1 LR3. IGF is more expensive but there seems to be more consistent reports of it working for injuries.

My dumb golfer's elbow has been flaring up worse recently.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by rambo679 View Post
    My dumb golfer's elbow has been flaring up worse recently.
    Have you tried topical magnesium oil and arnica in the meantime? I use it all the time. Works wonders.

I smother my upper torso / arms / forearms with magnesium oil whenever I can. I sleep better and have noticeably fewer aches and pains.

I gave a mini-spray bottle to an ex of mine who was complaining of her knee from training, and it worked on her almost overnight.

I buy the stuff in giant jugs on amazon. Lasts forever. This is far more therapeutic than epsom salt baths but works the same, just stronger.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Have you tried topical magnesium oil and arnica in the meantime? I use it all the time. Works wonders.
    I smother my upper torso / arms / forearms with magnesium oil whenever I can. I sleep better and have noticeably fewer aches and pains.
    I buy the stuff in giant jugs on amazon. Lasts forever. This is far more therapeutic than epsom salt baths but works the same, just stronger.
    I have used morton epson lotion for neuropathy but didnt notice much taken is magnesium sulfate which is not effective as chloride. I will try your approach.. thanks man. whats arnica for? pills?

5. You can try Arnica in a cream / gel form and rub it around the affected area. I'm not exactly sure how it works but I know it's effective. I've tried it in MSM/Glucosamine cream in the past.

6. If anyone wants to continue to follow this log, come on over here!!!

In the Gutter - Recomp / Rehab & Mobility log

Similar Forum Threads

1. SLAP tear - surgery/no-surgery/recovery options?
    By Gutterpump in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 08:14 PM
  2. Surgery SLAP Tear
    By firefighter2032 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 03:25 PM
  3. HGH for injury repair
    By damadhatter in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 08:12 PM
  4. Steroids May Improve Tendon Repair After Surgery