INJURY LOG: SLAP repair, prehab / surgery / rehabilitation training log

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.73%

I had an MRI done on my shoulder with similar bad sounding filndings from the Radiologist.
    The Ortho I went to though looked at it and said it was all just inflammation and that radiologists tend towards finding stuff that might not be there, it's their jobs after all.

I'm planning on running some TB-500, I have about 10 weeks worth wasting away in my freezer until a recent dizzy spell thing I have going on disapears.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Yeah man TB500 seems to work great. I saw the film from the radiologist and reviewed it with my Dr. I have two definite small tears in the labrum now. One anterior and one posterior. Absolutely no pain in the bicep tendon, front or side delts, so I am tolerating the tears fine at the moment.

My AC joint is still being a bitch though!! It's the original reason I went for the new MRI. The broom stretch and PT work (rotator cuff work and band work) is definitely helping though.

I am currently running the TB500 and CJC-1295 w/Dac + ipamorelin, and on I go with my training. Not going to stop or get surgery anytime soon. Going to do what I can to keep surgery away. I'm also looking at rejoining my powerlifting gym soon. As soon as I feel comfortable with that AC joint issue/bursitis I've been having.

PS: for anyone reading this thread late, or skipping over the beginning - I have had surgery on my left shoulder for a SLAP tear and bicep tendon tear. Everything went well and I started training for about a year until I had issues in my other (right) shoulder. I DO recommend surgery for people who can't work around it. In my case, I could NOT work around the pain/issues with my left shoulder. The SLAP tear was minor in that one as well, but the bicep tendon tear was too much to deal with. It caused pain all over and muscle weakness in the whole area. I simply had to get it done. Always consult with multiple Dr's and try PT first however. Surgery will set your training back 2 years
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.73%

How soon into running TB-500 did you notice results?
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

1-2 weeks
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.94%

Sub'd to learn from an old friend. Will initiate my own log once I recover from this brutal case of bronchitis/sinusitis, and get back to the gym, where I largely confine myself to the purple, pink, and neon green DBs these days.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Sub'd to learn from an old friend. Will initiate my own log once I recover from this brutal case of bronchitis/sinusitis, and get back to the gym, where I largely confine myself to the purple, pink, and neon green DBs these days.

Hey Jinxie!! Well this log is pretty much finished now. I went through PT and recovered from the surgery. Been back at it fairly hard again. Had some issues with my AC joint in the opposite shoulder but it's all better now. I still have an unrepaired SLAP tear in the opposite shoulder though but it's not causing any issues for now.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.94%

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Hey Jinxie!! Well this log is pretty much finished now. I went through PT and recovered from the surgery. Been back at it fairly hard again. Had some issues with my AC joint in the opposite shoulder but it's all better now. I still have an unrepaired SLAP tear in the opposite shoulder though but it's not causing any issues for now.
    Sorry I wasn't around to help support you through that, bro. But yeah, I'm back too, after 6 surgeries last year alone! I'll be lifting for reps into perpetuity. New goals including looking like I can lift twice as much as I can, lol.

C'mon over to the training forum and logger up, bud.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.73%

Just started TB-500, I'm on my second week. No effects yet but I will update the group.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

Quote Originally Posted by rambo679 View Post
    Just started TB-500, I'm on my second week. No effects yet but I will update the group.
    What are your current issues you're experiencing, pain/injury wise? I can let you know what to expect from it. Basically, it really helped me post-op, and it was amazing as an anti-inflammatory. Also reduced the amount of trigger points/adhesions I was experiencing
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.73%

Ive had nagging shoulder pain over the last year, no tears just but just recurring bouts of inflamamation. It gets better but never completely feels comfortable.

But my bigger issue has been my elbow. I've had really bad golfers elbow for the last few months. I even got a cortisone shot that didn't do jack.

I'm hoping to effect some healing in both of those. And grow hair too, why not?

My only fear is that I didn't store it right when I first got it. I had it in a drawer for a few weeks, then the fridge for a few, then in the freezer for awhile where it now resides. Researching I've heard that each one is the correct way.

I'm on my third dose of 2mgs and have not felt an effect.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.36%

I think I'm about to start dosing 5mg 1x per week for the next 4 weeks then probably 5mg 1x per 2 weeks or 1x per month.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

Ive had nagging shoulder pain over the last year, no tears just but just recurring bouts of inflamamation. It gets better but never completely feels comfortable.

But my bigger issue has been my elbow. I've had really bad golfers elbow for the last few months. I even got a cortisone shot that didn't do jack.

I'm hoping to effect some healing in both of those. And grow hair too, why not?

My only fear is that I didn't store it right when I first got it. I had it in a drawer for a few weeks, then the fridge for a few, then in the freezer for awhile where it now resides. Researching I've heard that each one is the correct way.

I'm on my third dose of 2mgs and have not felt an effect.
    Storage could be an issue, but personally I think 5mg per week is needed. That's what I've been reading all over. 2mg is underdosed

You had the unmixed powder in the freezer? Or was it premixed and preloaded in syringes before freezing? The powder will store absolutely fine in a cool dark place such as a sock drawer.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.73%

Storage could be an issue, but personally I think 5mg per week is needed. That's what I've been reading all over. 2mg is underdosed You had the unmixed powder in the freezer? Or was it premixed and preloaded in syringes before freezing? The powder will store absolutely fine in a cool dark place such as a sock drawer.
    It was all unmixed powder I was/am storing.
    I'm actually taking 4mg a week in 2 separate 2mg doses. I wanted to do 5mg but it all came in 2mg vials so I figured 4 wad close enough .

Considering how relatively affordable this stuff is I'm planning on bumping it to 6mg a week spread over three 2mg doses.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.47%

look into Adequan and Ichon

Yeah man TB500 seems to work great. I saw the film from the radiologist and reviewed it with my Dr. I have two definite small tears in the labrum now. One anterior and one posterior. Absolutely no pain in the bicep tendon, front or side delts, so I am tolerating the tears fine at the moment.

My AC joint is still being a bitch though!! It's the original reason I went for the new MRI. The broom stretch and PT work (rotator cuff work and band work) is definitely helping though.

I am currently running the TB500 and CJC-1295 w/Dac + ipamorelin, and on I go with my training. Not going to stop or get surgery anytime soon. Going to do what I can to keep surgery away. I'm also looking at rejoining my powerlifting gym soon. As soon as I feel comfortable with that AC joint issue/bursitis I've been having.

PS: for anyone reading this thread late, or skipping over the beginning - I have had surgery on my left shoulder for a SLAP tear and bicep tendon tear. Everything went well and I started training for about a year until I had issues in my other (right) shoulder. I DO recommend surgery for people who can't work around it. In my case, I could NOT work around the pain/issues with my left shoulder. The SLAP tear was minor in that one as well, but the bicep tendon tear was too much to deal with. It caused pain all over and muscle weakness in the whole area. I simply had to get it done. Always consult with multiple Dr's and try PT first however. Surgery will set your training back 2 years
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

Quote Originally Posted by sina View Post
    look into Adequan and Ichon
    One of my old dogs was getting Adequan for her joints in her old age. Is this safe for humans?
    I'm thinking of starting GH through my clinic actually.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.73%

My TB-500 run for my elbow was ultimately unsuccessful. I uppded the dose to 6mg a week but felt no effect.
    I capitulated and got a cortisone shot, worked for a week and then pain came back.

Thinking of running Ipamorelin, if anyone has any experience with it I'd be happy to hear them.

The end.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Seems to be just prolonging the inevitable. I now have four anchors in my shoulder (labrum tear) but am working out and living life with no pain and no restrictions. I'm very pleased that I went ahead and took care of it ASAP.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

My TB-500 run for my elbow was ultimately unsuccessful. I uppded the dose to 6mg a week but felt no effect.
    I capitulated and got a cortisone shot, worked for a week and then pain came back.

Thinking of running Ipamorelin, if anyone has any experience with it I'd be happy to hear them.

The end.

TB-500 does nothing for joints. It encourages repair of soft tissues via angiogensis, and can also work as an anti-inflammatory, but it will not actually help heal joints. It will however work wonders during a PT protocol post-surgery as there is much muscle trauma and inflammation. It will reduce inflammation and can help remove adhesions within the muscle.
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    Seems to be just prolonging the inevitable. I now have four anchors in my shoulder (labrum tear) but am working out and living life with no pain and no restrictions. I'm very pleased that I went ahead and took care of it ASAP.

Likewise. My operated shoulder is now amazing. No problems. I do have a very small SLAP tear in the other shoulder now though, but PT and rehab have helped incredibly to prolong the need for surgery. I hardly notice any issues in the un-operated side now, and am tolerating it very well. It helps to work around the issue in the gym as well. Time to be very smart about training when these things happen, not that I shouldn't have been smart about it before.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.83%

Nice thread. Currently using TB500 and MK2866.. The former helped tremendously but serioulsy feel is being underdosed even up to 6mg. i heard at this low dosage there is no real repair...now looking into ipamorelin. any updates?
    btw, i had slap tear three years ago and still painful.. my other shoulder has AC joint arthritis and is more painful than slap tear..imagine that...
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

Quote Originally Posted by pyro123 View Post
    Nice thread. Currently using TB500 and MK2866.. The former helped tremendously but serioulsy feel is being underdosed even up to 6mg. i heard at this low dosage there is no real repair...now looking into ipamorelin. any updates?
    btw, i had slap tear three years ago and still painful.. my other shoulder has AC joint arthritis and is more painful than slap tear..imagine that...
    I've actually discovered that the pain in my other shoulder which I thought was AC joint pain, was muscle pain deep in the upper trap - due to another SLAP tear (which is minor). I've managed to rehab it with a TENS unit and cable work. The TENS unit really helped to get the spasm out of it. It was feeling extremely painful for months until I used electricity on it. So far I haven't needed another operation to fix the other shoulder.

I'm not using any GHRP's at the moment. I've been thinking about this again the past few days though. If you're thinking about doing this, I definitely suggest CJCw/DAC + Ipamorelin. RE: TB500, I think you are right. 5mg per week definitely helped with inflammation and pain though, and helped mobilize faster.

Currently I'm training twice per week (full body sessions), doing PT on the side at home, and have been doing hot yoga almost everyday. Feeling pretty good and gains have overall been good lately. Trying not to push it too hard atm, but am slowly building up volume etc. I can really feel it in my shoulders when benching, even with reverse grip (when it gets heavy), so I really need to make a point out of focusing on volume vs strength atm.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.73%

Haven't pulled the peptide trigger on anything else yet.
    I'm now torn between ipamorelin and IGF 1 LR3. IGF is more expensive but there seems to be more consistent reports of it working for injuries.

My dumb golfer's elbow has been flaring up worse recently.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

My dumb golfer's elbow has been flaring up worse recently.
    Have you tried topical magnesium oil and arnica in the meantime? I use it all the time. Works wonders.

I smother my upper torso / arms / forearms with magnesium oil whenever I can. I sleep better and have noticeably fewer aches and pains.

I gave a mini-spray bottle to an ex of mine who was complaining of her knee from training, and it worked on her almost overnight.

I buy the stuff in giant jugs on amazon. Lasts forever. This is far more therapeutic than epsom salt baths but works the same, just stronger.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.83%

Have you tried topical magnesium oil and arnica in the meantime? I use it all the time. Works wonders.
    I smother my upper torso / arms / forearms with magnesium oil whenever I can. I sleep better and have noticeably fewer aches and pains.
    I buy the stuff in giant jugs on amazon. Lasts forever. This is far more therapeutic than epsom salt baths but works the same, just stronger.
    I have used morton epson lotion for neuropathy but didnt notice much taken is magnesium sulfate which is not effective as chloride. I will try your approach.. thanks man. whats arnica for? pills?
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

You can try Arnica in a cream / gel form and rub it around the affected area. I'm not exactly sure how it works but I know it's effective. I've tried it in MSM/Glucosamine cream in the past.
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

If anyone wants to continue to follow this log, come on over here!!!

In the Gutter - Recomp / Rehab & Mobility log

Similar Forum Threads

1. SLAP tear - surgery/no-surgery/recovery options?
    By Gutterpump in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 07:14 PM
  2. Surgery SLAP Tear
    By firefighter2032 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 02:25 PM
  3. HGH for injury repair
    By damadhatter in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 07:12 PM
  4. Steroids May Improve Tendon Repair After Surgery