Poll: Do you work Traps with Back or Shoulders?

Do you work Traps with Back or Shoulders?

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by rippednick View Post
    I dont train traps at all, either i have great genetics for them or i get them really good through secondary effects of other exercises. I get complemented all the time on them, now if only my calves were that way.

That's true for me too. Rarely work my traps . . . they seem to grow from my back and shoulder routines

2. The poll should not have been made exclusively back or shoulders. I work both back and shoulders on the same day and I work traps with back and shoulders. But I guess I also work traps on leg day, too. I'll do a snatch lift on chest/shoulder day and heavy cleans on leg day which both hit the traps from different angles.

3. With back but I might switch them w/ shoulders, they're growing way faster than anything else
    •   

4. Holy muscle man, 190 lbs. for 5'5". How did you get that big?

Quote Originally Posted by DBinMD View Post
    I voted for back workouts, But I think it comes down to preference. Although, I think over head presses (or inclines) work traps I do my shoulders on arm day and itís just too long to work traps, too. Since deadlifts also work traps, I work them on back days when I donít deadlift.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Botch View Post
    The poll should not have been made exclusively back or shoulders. I work both back and shoulders on the same day and I work traps with back and shoulders. But I guess I also work traps on leg day, too. I'll do a snatch lift on chest/shoulder day and heavy cleans on leg day which both hit the traps from different angles.
    I agree.

I dont reeeeaaaaly work them directly I guess on shoulders day but they def get hit regardless if I try or not.

I hit them directly along with my back to get some focused lifts for traps and in all honesty I try to hit all muscle groups at least indirectly twice a week.

6. with shoulders,... but only for 4 weeks straight then i gotta take a couple weeks off, or either a month. My traps are highly responsive to direct work. My shoulders used to be lacking big time, I stopped the trap work for a while, and my shoulders came in very nice. Then when the trap work came back in it looked like my shoulders shrunk back down to 2 yrs before then lol. I just wish the rest of my body was like that.

7. Shoulders. If I work them out at all.

8. No direct trap work here. They get hit hard enough w/ deads, rack deads, barbell rows and t-bar rows.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Traps - back or shoulder day??
    By StykFacE in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 10:02 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 12:28 PM
  3. Shrugs with Back or Shoulders?
    By hman85 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 03:57 PM
  4. Do you make decisions with your heart or your mind ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 09:50 PM
  5. Do you perfer to frontload test or use dbol?
    By JBlaze in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-08-2003, 11:16 AM