How much water intake per day

newman897

newman897

Awards
How much water should I be taking in each day ? At the moment only taking basic supps protein/creatine/multi/joint/pre work out

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
drink enough so that when you urinate it is not yellow. the more yellow it is the more water you need to drink. this will take into account all the variables that can determine your water needs like body weight, fat percentage, activity level, outside temp and humidity level, etc.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm basically "addicted" to water. I have a 2.2 liter jug that I drink while at work throughout the day (7:30-4:30) and its always gone at the end of the day.

Love it!

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm up around 2-3 gallons a day...but that's also because I probably have diabetes insipidus.

For my clients, I suggest .5 - .75 oz per pound of body weight.

Br

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Water is a crutch...

J/k

I average 4 or 5 liters a day easy.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I take in roughly a gallon in addition to whatever I use to mix various crap.

moises83

Awards
Best to take around a cup of water before and after each meal

JesstheIbex

JesstheIbex

Awards
At least a gallon of water or 4 liters (128 oz = 16 cups of water)

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
question for the giving precise numbers. how do you take into account humidity levels, activity level, bodyweight, etc into that exact amount?

demolition

demolition

Awards
Water is a crutch...

J/k

I average 4 or 5 liters a day easy.
do you remember the amount of water they made us drink in usmc boot camp? Holy balls, easy 2 gal and one of those was right before lights out, so all night you would hear bare feet slapping against the deck in a sprint to the head.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
everyone seems to say a gallon a day....it's become way to easy for a gallon....i'm probably closer to 2 gallons, but i don't count protein shakes or pre workout drinks

JesstheIbex

JesstheIbex

Awards
question for the giving precise numbers. how do you take into account humidity levels, activity level, bodyweight, etc into that exact amount?
I factor in activity level. How much I sweat. How much sodium intake I have. Also how much caffeine intake I have.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
drink enough so that when you urinate it is not yellow. the more yellow it is the more water you need to drink. this will take into account all the variables that can determine your water needs like body weight, fat percentage, activity level, outside temp and humidity level, etc.
This explains it perfectly. It's very dangerous to just drink two gallons or 1.5gals just because some people on a forum tell you to. I just left the hospital and the doc told me I was drinking TOO MUCH water and it was causing my kidneys to not function prop. Drink enough to make your pee not be yellow. Monitor your urine follow, urges to go, etc. and pay attention to that. Glad someone used some common sense. Great Post. Repped

mTmatthews51

mTmatthews51

Awards
I'm with most of the other guys.
I just tote around a gallon to drink out of plus the additional water with aminos and protein

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This explains it perfectly. It's very dangerous to just drink two gallons or 1.5gals just because some people on a forum tell you to. I just left the hospital and the doc told me I was drinking TOO MUCH water and it was causing my kidneys to not function prop. Drink enough to make your pee not be yellow. Monitor your urine follow, urges to go, etc. and pay attention to that. Glad someone used some common sense. Great Post. Repped
Its not dangerous to drink 1.5 gallons. Healthy kidneys can process around 4 gallons a day. As long as you aren't drinking say a gallon at a time you should be fine if you're a healthy adult. A spread out intake of water should be fine for almost everyone, especially those of us exercising.