New member/ my rutitine

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Hi all just finished up my first real hard set of bodybuilding workouts after a year of goofing (being weak) with weights. It was DFHT now im looking at trying this. I recover very fast between workouts and im used to hitting body parts twice a week and squats and deads on the same day. Crazy I know but it worked... Heres what im looking into now

Workout 1: monday
Squats 5x5
Dumbel bench 5x5
Chins 5x5
Dips 5x10
dumbel curls 5x10

Workout 2: wed
deadlifts 5x5
Push press 5x5
Barbell curls 5x5
Overhead ext 5x5

Workout 3: friday
Squats 5x2
Dumbell press 5x2
hammercurl 5x2
Incline dumbell 5x5
Stiff legged dead 5x5

My main overall goal is bodybuilding and hopefully one day compete, but I wouldnt mind doing powerlfitign along the way...

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hi all just finished up my first real hard set of bodybuilding workouts after a year of goofing (being weak) with weights. It was DFHT now im looking at trying this. Im 17 btw and I recover very fast between workouts and im used to hitting body parts twice a week and squats and deads on the same day. Crazy I know but it worked... Heres what im looking into now

Workout 1: monday
Squats 5x5
Dumbel bench 5x5
Chins 5x5
Dips 5x10
dumbel curls 5x10

Workout 2: wed
deadlifts 5x5
Push press 5x5
Barbell curls 5x5
Overhead ext 5x5

Workout 3: friday
Squats 5x2
Dumbell press 5x2
hammercurl 5x2
Incline dumbell 5x5
Stiff legged dead 5x5

My main overall goal is bodybuilding and hopefully one day compete, but I wouldnt mind doing powerlfitign along the way...

IMO..your 17 and just starting out,well seriously now I would up the reps from 5 to 8-12 clean no cheating reps.,Stay with that for about 6 weeks then drop em down a bit.experement and find out what your body responds to,and remember we are all different and what works for one will be poison to others..but get the fundementals down now nice clean explosive reps and a nice slow negetive and feel the weight.
Your muscles cannot read the number on th plates all they know is what they feel...Capish :thumbsup:

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
well, some parts are getting hit three times a week there, but that's ok. At least you've got the core lifts down.

edit: by the way, if you're used to lifting with that frequency, try hitting each part only once a week but with very high intensity. More is not always better... try stuff out and see what works best. Your next 10 pounds may be right around the routine-changing corner :)