Workout on full or empty stomach?

1. Workout on full or empty stomach?

Do you guys usually work out on a full or on an empty stomach? Usually I try to eat a very full meal an hour or two before the gym and a protein shake and some rice cakes or something similar right before. Sometimes I drink gatorade too to try to get as many carbs in as possible so I can have a good workout.

But does cramming in carbs right before you hit the weights help you have a better workout? Some workouts I have seem really fueled and I usually attribute this to eating a lot before leaving. But does it make a difference? Or do you want an empty stomach to avoid that sleepy feeling and to allow more blood to work with the muscles?

2. I prefer not to lift on an empty stomach.

3. I try to wait at least an hour and a half, especially on legs days, so I don't throw everything up.
    •   

4. I train around 5:30am all I take is Turbo V-12 prior to training,and I never has a problem with energy..

5. I need food one hour before training, especially oatmeal

6. i generally also wait about 1 hour after i eat before i workout..if its early in the am i take some satur8 and then im good to go

7. I have to workout on an empty stomach. Seems I don't feel as much of a pump if I am full. Guess my blood is all used for digestion lol. I say do what works for you.

8. I eat 1 hour before the work out

9. I usually eat 2 hours before my workout. I do this so that my post workout shake comes at a time when I would normally eat a regular meal. I eat every 3 hours and my workout with warmup/cooldown lasts about an hour.

Not sure if it's the best way to do things, but it seems to work well for me. If you eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours there isn't much room there unless you workout first thing in the AM like MadMan does.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Adipoxil with food or empty stomach?
    By AtomicFox in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 03:35 PM
  2. Confused: Food or empty stomach with Pro-Hormones?
    By sixpackabman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 03:02 PM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 08:27 PM
  4. Cordygen5 with meals or empty stomach?
    By superstar in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 09:27 PM
  5. Orals taken with food or empty stomach?
    By KTL in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 01:44 PM