Workout on full or empty stomach?

1. Workout on full or empty stomach?

Do you guys usually work out on a full or on an empty stomach? Usually I try to eat a very full meal an hour or two before the gym and a protein shake and some rice cakes or something similar right before. Sometimes I drink gatorade too to try to get as many carbs in as possible so I can have a good workout.

But does cramming in carbs right before you hit the weights help you have a better workout? Some workouts I have seem really fueled and I usually attribute this to eating a lot before leaving. But does it make a difference? Or do you want an empty stomach to avoid that sleepy feeling and to allow more blood to work with the muscles?

2. I prefer not to lift on an empty stomach.
    •   

3. I try to wait at least an hour and a half, especially on legs days, so I don't throw everything up.

4. I train around 5:30am all I take is Turbo V-12 prior to training,and I never has a problem with energy..

5. I need food one hour before training, especially oatmeal
    •   

6. i generally also wait about 1 hour after i eat before i workout..if its early in the am i take some satur8 and then im good to go

7. I have to workout on an empty stomach. Seems I don't feel as much of a pump if I am full. Guess my blood is all used for digestion lol. I say do what works for you.

8. I eat 1 hour before the work out

9. I usually eat 2 hours before my workout. I do this so that my post workout shake comes at a time when I would normally eat a regular meal. I eat every 3 hours and my workout with warmup/cooldown lasts about an hour.

Not sure if it's the best way to do things, but it seems to work well for me. If you eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours there isn't much room there unless you workout first thing in the AM like MadMan does.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Adipoxil with food or empty stomach?
    By AtomicFox in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 03:35 PM
  2. Confused: Food or empty stomach with Pro-Hormones?
    By sixpackabman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 03:02 PM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 08:27 PM
  4. Cordygen5 with meals or empty stomach?
    By superstar in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 09:27 PM
  5. Orals taken with food or empty stomach?
    By KTL in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 01:44 PM