Plateau Workout

butrybench555

Awards
I have been having a plateau and I need a workout that will get me of this. Can someone please help me???

jtdavis1

Awards
Have you tried drop sets?? Those always work for me, rest-pause are also great!

butrybench555

Awards
What exactly are drop sets? Can you give me an example?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
have you tried a deload week? or more sleep? or more food? or all of the above.

butrybench555

Awards
What's a deload week? Sleeping and eating are not much of a problem for me

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's a deload week? Sleeping and eating are not much of a problem for me
Deload is essential active rest. You can't train full out and heavy the whole time. During a Deload week you reduce volume, weight, intensity. Doesn't have to necessarily be all three it can be one or a combination of them. There are dif structures or rules of thumb varying dif people or programs, but cutting by 60% is good. Then after that week you jump back up and progress.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
+1 the deload.

Also, what have you plateaued on. Size, strength, strength in one exercise, strength in several, fat loss, etc?

shortbutbig

shortbutbig

Awards
Get someone to slap your head when u lift lol sounds stupid but works because it makes u mad and lift more weight.

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
I don't focus on the Bench much so my normal training volume is almost certainly lower than most but provided there are no signs of overtraining present, I'll occasionally (maybe once every 8 weeks) use a 10x10 rep scheme on my biggest lift. It presents a new stimulus with the volume and the load will be much lower than my usual strength or power work.

**I don't necessarily recommend this and think you probably need a deload week, as stated, but just something to consider

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Deload is definetely an option. Also when u,come back consider the mirror approach meaning train the exact opposite of what you have been doing. Example- you train like a powerlifter then give german volume training or something similar a shot.

Also do not neglect stability training. It is often skipped by most young healthy trainers and that not really a good thing. I am not gonna ask you to squat on a swiss ball but but developing your balance,agility, flexibility are JUST as important as any other component. If you suck in any of those departments it will eventually catch up to you.

khaos2

khaos2

Awards
I have been having a plateau and I need a workout that will get me of this. Can someone please help me???
What does your current training program look like mate? And are you training to failure on your working sets?

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
Get someone to slap your head when u lift lol sounds stupid but works because it makes u mad and lift more weight.
i totally been slappin myself the last 3 weeks to get push my flat/incline db presses...lol i think it works, gets the blood flowing and adrenaline pumping. people look at me funny but i dont care, I DO WORK haha