Losing body Fat

C

chdn20

Awards
Hello I am very new to this forum but have learned a lot from just reading your guys posts but I have a question. I am 23 years old 6'1, 245 pounds and about 22 % BF. I would like to drop some BF then bulk up with some lean muscle. What would be the best method to do that? Should I cut out weight lifting and start doing more cardo. I have been doing 7-8 cardo sessions per week for about an hour each time. I would do one in the morning and one in the evening and lift weights afterwards. I have lost about 15 pounds already in 1 1/2 months but I am losing muscle as well. My strength has remained about the same with no increase in size. Am I doing cardo to much? Is there a more effective way to do cardo then I am doing? Are there any supplements you could recommend?

Thanks

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Yea, sounds like overkill to me. I'd recommend Bobo, if you can afford,

he'll melt fat off you in no time.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Hello I am very new to this forum but have learned a lot from just reading your guys posts but I have a question. I am 23 years old 6'1, 245 pounds and about 22 % BF. I would like to drop some BF then bulk up with some lean muscle. What would be the best method to do that? Should I cut out weight lifting and start doing more cardo. I have been doing 7-8 cardo sessions per week for about an hour each time. I would do one in the morning and one in the evening and lift weights afterwards. I have lost about 15 pounds already in 1 1/2 months but I am losing muscle as well. My strength has remained about the same with no increase in size. Am I doing cardo to much? Is there a more effective way to do cardo then I am doing? Are there any supplements you could recommend?

Thanks
Yeah, thats way too much cardio. Losing weight is like 85% diet. Eat right and everything else will fall into place. Eat shitty and you won't ever get results. Focus on eating often, like 7-8 times a day with a balance between good carbs, protein, and good fats. Cardio about 3-4 times a week is the most you should do. Weights about 3 times a week with no more than 45 minutes a session, focusing on compound movements.

M

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Okay I can help with this one.. as had been said before diet is the key... I can tell you from first hand experience...Bobo is the guy when it comes to diets that work.. I had surgery in December of last year, back. So I couldn't do anything in the gym for a while.. well after I finally did get back to working out I didn't see any results even after I got help from other "online trainers" but I got started with Bobo about 1 month and 5 days ago. He got my diet squared away and my workout... I do cardio 4 days a week most weeks, I have had to miss some due to RL, and do my weight workouts.
Before I started I was 282 lbs at 21% bodyfat, my wife took that one so I have this feeling it is lower that actual. But as of Friday of this week, I am at 272 and 15.73% taken by the owner of my gym and I know he doesn't fudge becasue he is a real hard ass on diet also and I work for him on the weekends ;) but all it all, keep you weight workouts and do at least cardio 3 times a week. Also, I use a 5 day 2 day off split on my weights..

T

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Okay I can help with this one.. as had been said before diet is the key... I can tell you from first hand experience...Bobo is the guy when it comes to diets that work.. I had surgery in December of last year, back. So I couldn't do anything in the gym for a while.. well after I finally did get back to working out I didn't see any results even after I got help from other "online trainers" but I got started with Bobo about 1 month and 5 days ago. He got my diet squared away and my workout... I do cardio 4 days a week most weeks, I have had to miss some due to RL, and do my weight workouts.
Before I started I was 282 lbs at 21% bodyfat, my wife took that one so I have this feeling it is lower that actual. But as of Friday of this week, I am at 272 and 15.73% taken by the owner of my gym and I know he doesn't fudge becasue he is a real hard ass on diet also and I work for him on the weekends ;) but all it all, keep you weight workouts and do at least cardio 3 times a week. Also, I use a 5 day 2 day off split on my weights..
Good lord man, 272 @ 15.73% bf????!??! At that rate of loss, you will be 262@10% bf.... that is incredible. How tall are you? Please say 7' + to make me feel better about myself ;)

D

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good lord man, 272 @ 15.73% bf????!??! At that rate of loss, you will be 262@10% bf.... that is incredible. How tall are you? Please say 7' + to make me feel better about myself ;)

I was thinking the same thing. Thats one big dude!

M

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
6 feet.. I figure I won't get that lucky for the next little bit of time but I will be happy if I get to 10% an 255...