Losing body Fat

1. Registered User
    Answers

Losing body Fat

Hello I am very new to this forum but have learned a lot from just reading your guys posts but I have a question. I am 23 years old 6'1, 245 pounds and about 22 % BF. I would like to drop some BF then bulk up with some lean muscle. What would be the best method to do that? Should I cut out weight lifting and start doing more cardo. I have been doing 7-8 cardo sessions per week for about an hour each time. I would do one in the morning and one in the evening and lift weights afterwards. I have lost about 15 pounds already in 1 1/2 months but I am losing muscle as well. My strength has remained about the same with no increase in size. Am I doing cardo to much? Is there a more effective way to do cardo then I am doing? Are there any supplements you could recommend?

Thanks

2. I know nothing...
    Answers

Yea, sounds like overkill to me. I'd recommend Bobo, if you can afford,

he'll melt fat off you in no time.
  3. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chdn20
    Hello I am very new to this forum but have learned a lot from just reading your guys posts but I have a question. I am 23 years old 6'1, 245 pounds and about 22 % BF. I would like to drop some BF then bulk up with some lean muscle. What would be the best method to do that? Should I cut out weight lifting and start doing more cardo. I have been doing 7-8 cardo sessions per week for about an hour each time. I would do one in the morning and one in the evening and lift weights afterwards. I have lost about 15 pounds already in 1 1/2 months but I am losing muscle as well. My strength has remained about the same with no increase in size. Am I doing cardo to much? Is there a more effective way to do cardo then I am doing? Are there any supplements you could recommend?

Thanks
    Yeah, thats way too much cardio. Losing weight is like 85% diet. Eat right and everything else will fall into place. Eat ****ty and you won't ever get results. Focus on eating often, like 7-8 times a day with a balance between good carbs, protein, and good fats. Cardio about 3-4 times a week is the most you should do. Weights about 3 times a week with no more than 45 minutes a session, focusing on compound movements.
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

Okay I can help with this one.. as had been said before diet is the key... I can tell you from first hand experience...Bobo is the guy when it comes to diets that work.. I had surgery in December of last year, back. So I couldn't do anything in the gym for a while.. well after I finally did get back to working out I didn't see any results even after I got help from other "online trainers" but I got started with Bobo about 1 month and 5 days ago. He got my diet squared away and my workout... I do cardio 4 days a week most weeks, I have had to miss some due to RL, and do my weight workouts.
    Before I started I was 282 lbs at 21% bodyfat, my wife took that one so I have this feeling it is lower that actual. But as of Friday of this week, I am at 272 and 15.73% taken by the owner of my gym and I know he doesn't fudge becasue he is a real hard ass on diet also and I work for him on the weekends but all it all, keep you weight workouts and do at least cardio 3 times a week. Also, I use a 5 day 2 day off split on my weights..
  5. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    Okay I can help with this one.. as had been said before diet is the key... I can tell you from first hand experience...Bobo is the guy when it comes to diets that work.. I had surgery in December of last year, back. So I couldn't do anything in the gym for a while.. well after I finally did get back to working out I didn't see any results even after I got help from other "online trainers" but I got started with Bobo about 1 month and 5 days ago. He got my diet squared away and my workout... I do cardio 4 days a week most weeks, I have had to miss some due to RL, and do my weight workouts.
    Before I started I was 282 lbs at 21% bodyfat, my wife took that one so I have this feeling it is lower that actual. But as of Friday of this week, I am at 272 and 15.73% taken by the owner of my gym and I know he doesn't fudge becasue he is a real hard ass on diet also and I work for him on the weekends but all it all, keep you weight workouts and do at least cardio 3 times a week. Also, I use a 5 day 2 day off split on my weights..
    Good lord man, 272 @ 15.73% bf????!??! At that rate of loss, you will be 262@10% bf.... that is incredible. How tall are you? Please say 7' + to make me feel better about myself
  6. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheUsual
    Good lord man, 272 @ 15.73% bf????!??! At that rate of loss, you will be 262@10% bf.... that is incredible. How tall are you? Please say 7' + to make me feel better about myself

I was thinking the same thing. Thats one big dude!
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

6 feet.. I figure I won't get that lucky for the next little bit of time but I will be happy if I get to 10% an 255...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. losing body fat/gaining lean muscle mass
    By rojasdave in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 04:09 PM
  2. Help Lose Body Fat
    By TrynaImprove in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 11:16 AM
  3. Losing body fat
    By Shelly in forum Female Fitness