Arm wrastling is stupid

tenrep

Awards
I'm not asking for a diagnoses but I arm wrestled a buddy bout a year ago n we locked up for a while but when it was over I had a immediate pain in the elbow area like from the top of the forearm to the bicep real bad for a while weeks then started to slack off I still trained through the pain some days I couldn't that was a year ago now still gets irritated when I use it a Lot with minor pain in the same area like flexin my bicep hurts in the forearm mostly n little in the elbow has anyone else had this problem before it really sucks! Or am I the only one

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
My buddy and I went at it a few years back. He beat me after a long struggle, but it messed him up for a good couple years. I retired from arm wrestling and tackle without pads football recently. Logically these things have a great chance to do allot of damage to your body without much reward potential for the risk involved.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Dude I was about to start this thread. I arm wrestled last week and have the same pain. Its really aggravating. I play baseball too and I can only swing the bat about 10 times and it starts to hurt.

tenrep

Awards
My buddy and I went at it a few years back. He beat me after a long struggle, but it messed him up for a good couple years. I retired from arm wrestling and tackle without pads football recently. Logically these things have a great chance to do allot of damage to your body without much reward potential for the risk involved.
What was the problem with him?

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
you prob strained a bicep ligament or could have even had a small bicep tear that never healed properly. Yes several years ago I almost completely ruptured a tendon in my shoulder from drunken arm wrestling.

The fact of the matter is... whether your strong or not, if you don't arm-wrestle on a daily basis, then your joints are not prepared for the torque it placed on the elbow and shoulder, and injury is easy.... especially when your inhibitory mechanisms are altered by alcohol