military press and power clean wrist problems

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Every time I do power cleans or military presses my wrists start to hurt. The Pain usually lasts for like 3 days after I do them. Is there any way that I can do them without this problem. Also what joint supplements has anyone taken that was successful. Thanks in advance

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I would appreciate anybodies opinion. Thanks

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
my wrists get sore from dips and straight bar curls, but not to the extent you are describing. My problem is flexibility and age. You can get strong wrist wraps, google APT Pro wrist wraps. Yu can get the 12" or 24" if you lift very heavy.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Thanks rodja and fadi. I'm going to get some for Christmas. Will wraps weaken my wrist at all?

bigbumpkin

Awards
  • Established
I use wraps but not ALL the time--if that makes sense

I use fish oil and gluc/chond for joints lotta guys say cissus is superior haven't tried yet tho

Beast Sports

Beast Sports

Awards
Thanks rodja and fadi. I'm going to get some for Christmas. Will wraps weaken my wrist at all?
Not if ur only going to be using them for heavy pressing/oly lifts. If ur looking for other joint supps, i cant say enough good things about applied nutriceuticals osteo sport...stuff is a God-send!

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Not if ur only going to be using them for heavy pressing/oly lifts. If ur looking for other joint supps, i cant say enough good things about applied nutriceuticals osteo sport...stuff is a God-send!
Wow. That stuff has some great reviews. I'm going to have to get a bottle.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
have you tried a false grip on the military press?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
have you tried a false grip on the military press?
That is how I do military press and it does reduce the strain on the wrist. Just be careful for the weight not to slip

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
apparently I was confused. What's a false grip for MP?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
it is where you do not wrap your thumb around the bar. You rest the bar in the palm of your hand and wrap all your fingers around it from the same direction. You can google false grip and see videos of it

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Elite fts has a sale on their wraps right now I believe. They as a 40% off like a week ago and I got a few pairs for cheap!

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I just ordered some like 10 min before your post. ):

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
u_e_s_i Training Forum 4
whaz Training Forum 17
Training Forum 24
Training Forum 2
Training Forum 12