My gym has no decline benches ... what to do?

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
I need to utilze decline bench presses to improve the lower pec but my gym doesnt have anything. What exercises can i do to work the same muscle.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Or put a couple of plates underneath the bench to make it a decline bench.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
learn to arch when benching and keep your elbows tucked. and like said above, dips.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just bench and dip. Im pretty sure the whole muscle contracts at once, even inclines hit the whole chest to some degree.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, leaning dips and forward leaning cable crossovers.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Flat bench and dips work the same muscles, lol. All the decline bench does differently from the flat bench is shrink the range of motion, and the declined angle allows you to leverage the bar with your lats more. That's really it.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
I have done several cable exercises... messes with my shoulder but I plan on taking it easy. The lower pec between arm and nipple is my main area needing tightening...almost need to pull up or maybe needs to be filled out i dunno. mini moobs suck!

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have done several cable exercises... messes with my shoulder but I plan on taking it easy. The lower pec between arm and nipple is my main area needing tightening...almost need to pull up or maybe needs to be filled out i dunno. mini moobs suck!
Unless you began working out very recently (like within 3-4 months) it sounds like you just need to lose the chest fat.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Unless you began working out very recently (like within 3-4 months) it sounds like you just need to lose the chest fat.

Well it has been since April i started working out and with in the last couple of months really hitting it hard... I think I need to but some real muscle behind it and then maybe try cutting away some body fat.... I have alot of work to do to the mid section as well. I am trying to figure out some new exercises that work smaller/less targeted areas.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you get any responses, other than mine, over at bb.com? I haven't checked back yet.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
yes ... only Raigs.. the underhand cable fly. He even gave a small diagram...which I would post on here but I haven't figured/tried that yet

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well it has been since April i started working out and with in the last couple of months really hitting it hard... I think I need to but some real muscle behind it and then maybe try cutting away some body fat.... I have alot of work to do to the mid section as well. I am trying to figure out some new exercises that work smaller/less targeted areas.
Oh I totally agree re putting on muscle first. If you do flat bench and wide or leaning dips you'll hit the lower pec muscle just as well, though.

GameSpeed

Awards
I need to utilze decline bench presses to improve the lower pec but my gym doesnt have anything. What exercises can i do to work the same muscle.
i do push ups on a box for max reps. that actually works a lot better than it sounds.

GameSpeed

Awards
hands on the box. make sure your palms are at, or below the lower part of your chest.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
If you're up to it, Gironda dips really destroy the lower chest. Try a few and see how your shoulders react, but if they don't bother your shoulders they might make a nice addition. Curve your spine, chin on chest, hands facing out and feet in front of your shoulders. They really brought up my lower pec development.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
If you're up to it, Gironda dips really destroy the lower chest. Try a few and see how your shoulders react, but if they don't bother your shoulders they might make a nice addition. Curve your spine, chin on chest, hands facing out and feet in front of your shoulders. They really brought up my lower pec development.
I will have to try these...looks very intense
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVXagkyfGTg

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just hit you up on your BB.com log about something the underhand cable flyes :D

Is that a standing variation? I'm trying to figure out what these are.

EDIT: I just saw the pix you posted...

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
I have done lots of these beforeI knew what they were called... If you want to release some aggression... Do these imagine tryig to flip a car! Seriously I do these close to the end of the workout with 40lbs resistance and I just watch my forearms explode, biceps swell and my chest pushing out .. great for a motivational or ego boost. I also just thought.... that picture is like doing a fly exercise.... do the same with the incline bench...like doing a high clap. I do a variation which probably desnt do anything... the whole flipping car thing it just makes me feel good and completly wears me out!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't see anything? Is it another princess castle :run:

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
I don't see anything? Is it another princess castle :run:

Damnit man thats harsh...hahahaha. I thought it was alink to a bench. I am still trying to learn how to post from sites to here to make my nonsenseical (<---that cant ba a word but interesting edumaction here) ramblings understood.