My gym has no decline benches ... what to do?

  1. My gym has no decline benches ... what to do?


    I need to utilze decline bench presses to improve the lower pec but my gym doesnt have anything. What exercises can i do to work the same muscle.


  2. Dips with a forward lean

  3. Or put a couple of plates underneath the bench to make it a decline bench.
    •   
       


  4. learn to arch when benching and keep your elbows tucked. and like said above, dips.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  5. Dips with a forward lean
    O yeaaaa. I love weighted dips

  6. Just bench and dip. Im pretty sure the whole muscle contracts at once, even inclines hit the whole chest to some degree.

  7. Yep, leaning dips and forward leaning cable crossovers.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  8. Flat bench and dips work the same muscles, lol. All the decline bench does differently from the flat bench is shrink the range of motion, and the declined angle allows you to leverage the bar with your lats more. That's really it.

  9. I have done several cable exercises... messes with my shoulder but I plan on taking it easy. The lower pec between arm and nipple is my main area needing tightening...almost need to pull up or maybe needs to be filled out i dunno. mini moobs suck!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Budman7811 View Post
    I have done several cable exercises... messes with my shoulder but I plan on taking it easy. The lower pec between arm and nipple is my main area needing tightening...almost need to pull up or maybe needs to be filled out i dunno. mini moobs suck!
    Unless you began working out very recently (like within 3-4 months) it sounds like you just need to lose the chest fat.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Unless you began working out very recently (like within 3-4 months) it sounds like you just need to lose the chest fat.

    Well it has been since April i started working out and with in the last couple of months really hitting it hard... I think I need to but some real muscle behind it and then maybe try cutting away some body fat.... I have alot of work to do to the mid section as well. I am trying to figure out some new exercises that work smaller/less targeted areas.

  12. Did you get any responses, other than mine, over at bb.com? I haven't checked back yet.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  13. yes ... only Raigs.. the underhand cable fly. He even gave a small diagram...which I would post on here but I haven't figured/tried that yet

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Budman7811 View Post
    Well it has been since April i started working out and with in the last couple of months really hitting it hard... I think I need to but some real muscle behind it and then maybe try cutting away some body fat.... I have alot of work to do to the mid section as well. I am trying to figure out some new exercises that work smaller/less targeted areas.
    Oh I totally agree re putting on muscle first. If you do flat bench and wide or leaning dips you'll hit the lower pec muscle just as well, though.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Budman7811 View Post
    I need to utilze decline bench presses to improve the lower pec but my gym doesnt have anything. What exercises can i do to work the same muscle.
    i do push ups on a box for max reps. that actually works a lot better than it sounds.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by GameSpeed View Post
    i do push ups on a box for max reps. that actually works a lot better than it sounds.
    I would try that, a few sets at the end of your chest day.
    PHF Rep


  17. Quote Originally Posted by GameSpeed View Post
    i do push ups on a box for max reps. that actually works a lot better than it sounds.

    feet on box? or hands on box?

  18. hands on the box. make sure your palms are at, or below the lower part of your chest.

  19. Ok sounds great... thank you

  20. If you're up to it, Gironda dips really destroy the lower chest. Try a few and see how your shoulders react, but if they don't bother your shoulders they might make a nice addition. Curve your spine, chin on chest, hands facing out and feet in front of your shoulders. They really brought up my lower pec development.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Doss View Post
    If you're up to it, Gironda dips really destroy the lower chest. Try a few and see how your shoulders react, but if they don't bother your shoulders they might make a nice addition. Curve your spine, chin on chest, hands facing out and feet in front of your shoulders. They really brought up my lower pec development.
    I will have to try these...looks very intense
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVXagkyfGTg

  22. how bout these



  23. I just hit you up on your BB.com log about something the underhand cable flyes

    Is that a standing variation? I'm trying to figure out what these are.

    EDIT: I just saw the pix you posted...
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  24. I have done lots of these beforeI knew what they were called... If you want to release some aggression... Do these imagine tryig to flip a car! Seriously I do these close to the end of the workout with 40lbs resistance and I just watch my forearms explode, biceps swell and my chest pushing out .. great for a motivational or ego boost. I also just thought.... that picture is like doing a fly exercise.... do the same with the incline bench...like doing a high clap. I do a variation which probably desnt do anything... the whole flipping car thing it just makes me feel good and completly wears me out!

  25. I don't see anything? Is it another princess castle
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  26. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I don't see anything? Is it another princess castle

    Damnit man thats harsh...hahahaha. I thought it was alink to a bench. I am still trying to learn how to post from sites to here to make my nonsenseical (<---that cant ba a word but interesting edumaction here) ramblings understood.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Benches
    By mugen112 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 07:55 PM
  2. Switching Benches problems anyone wanna try to help?
    By brownstown89 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 06:12 PM
  3. Pain during Close Grip Benches
    By JasonLift in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 06:12 AM
  4. Kennelly benches 1036
    By jas123 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Log in
Log in