proof that you can build a disproportionate upper to lower body

  1. Advanced Member
    OmarJackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    673
    Rep Power
    468
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    12.29%

    proof that you can build a disproportionate upper to lower body


    olympic male gymnasts. holy ****. especially the guys that compete in the olympic rings.

    did you guys happen to see the last guy who went in the medal round of the olympic rings. he had the highest peaked biceps i've ever seen outside guys like ronnie coleman and arnold in the day, crazy stuff. makes me wonder if its got anything to do with his training or just lucky ass genes.

  2. New Member
    PreMier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    48.59%

    Seeing that they only use their upper body in the events that they do(besides floor exercises) I would say training.

    Those guys are small btw.. maybe like 140-160lbs is all.
  3. Advanced Member
    OmarJackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    673
    Rep Power
    468
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    12.29%

    Quote Originally Posted by PreMier
    Seeing that they only use their upper body in the events that they do(besides floor exercises) I would say training.

    Those guys are small btw.. maybe like 140-160lbs is all.
    no way dude, the guys i'm taking about have to be in the 180 range, with the majority of that mass being upper body.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,065
    Rep Power
    2160
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    26.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    My brother was a college gymnast and my parents put me in it when I was 3 until 12. My bro was 6' 1" which is unheard of in gymnastics. Most of them are 5' 3" to 5' 7" and most rarely get over 150. 165 is about the heaviest gymnast I've ever heard of, the more mass, the harder it is to do the skills. They actually do use their legs quite a bit, like on floor and vault and all of the landings from their dismounts, but I would say that they are a little disproportionate in favor of the upper body.
  5. Senior Member
    Longdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,261
    Rep Power
    769
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    21.93%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I watched the rings last night & was saying the same thing. I guess they don't rally need their legs for much & it reduces their overall weight, making it easier to do all that balancing crap on the rings & other apparatus.

    As muscular as they are, those guys are little suckers. 150lbs tops. Most of them are 5'2"-5'6".
  6. Registered User
    DougMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    30
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    243
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    30.41%

    Yea most of them are pretty short, but they looked freaking huge when they are alone on stage. I cant believe some of the things they do on rings. I would think it would tear the crap out of your shoulders.
  7. New Member
    keith1569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    188
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%

    ya its definately freakin crazy..definately fun to watch thouhg..it just doesnt seem possible some ofthe stuff they do heh..shows what years of training can do for ya
  8. PC1
    Guest
    PC1's Avatar

    It is astonishing to watch what they do, they're incredibly focused and well trained.

    Remember also that along with their hard work and dedication, the top gymnasts, like all top atheletes, have the superior genetics. Most people, even if they put that amount of time and energy into trying to do that, will have limited success.

    The best are the ones who have it all, genetics, discipline, focus, diet, etc.
  9. New Member
    PastorofMuppets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    252
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    1.14%

    Yeah, about the only guy with a ton of mass was some dude I saw doing the vault from Spain I think.
  10. Elite Member
    ManBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,515
    Rep Power
    48651
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    23.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    You don't have to watch the olympics to know that... Just go to my gym at school and look at all the guys walkin around on getaway sticks!

    ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  11. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,065
    Rep Power
    2160
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    26.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by PC1
    It is astonishing to watch what they do, they're incredibly focused and well trained.

    Remember also that along with their hard work and dedication, the top gymnasts, like all top atheletes, have the superior genetics. Most people, even if they put that amount of time and energy into trying to do that, will have limited success.

    The best are the ones who have it all, genetics, discipline, focus, diet, etc.
    Yeah, when my bro competed in college he trained about 6 hours a day, 6 days a week, year round (Xmas eve, and all). At the time, I was about 30-35 pounds heavier than him and he could eat almost twice as much as I did. They burn an incredible amount of calories.

    Him and the guys on his team were constantly injured. He had surgery at least 2 or 3 times during his 4 years.

    He used to compete against Paul and Morgan Hamm when he was 12-18. At the time, Paul was tiny, and I recall my dad saying that he wouldn't be that great once he grew and had to work with more mass. Guess that prediction was a little off. It's a sport you have to start before the age of 7 or so to be any good at usually.

    Oh, and he definitely had/has stick legs.

    It's a great sport, though.
  12. New Member
    coofoostu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    163
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    6.09%

    haha "getaway sticks." Thats great.
  13. New Member
    JerseyDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    58
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    171
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    13.69%

    I saw Katie Couric interview the US Mens team, and SHE made them look small.
  14. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,704
    Rep Power
    513136
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    86.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    If you look closely most of the male gymnasts have surgery scares on their delts. They definitely push into the realm of overtraining like most olympians.

    This olympics is making me think about getting a set of rings to do some basic exercises with(nothing fancy or dangerous). It looks like the ultimate shoulder workout.

    That Italian guy last night was freakin incredible on the high bar. No way Hamm's score should have been tied with his. The judges were wacked but it was not cool for people to blame Hamm. He's just there to do his thing.
  15. New Member
    PreMier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    48.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by OmarJackson
    no way dude, the guys i'm taking about have to be in the 180 range, with the majority of that mass being upper body.
    Specify a name please. Paul Hamm 140Lbs http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletebi...16/detail.html Marian Dragulescu 136Lbs http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletebi...24/detail.html



    Your seeing them on TV, and its confusing you..
  16. Board Supporter
    Redspy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    130
    Rep Power
    192
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    68.06%

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    That Italian guy last night was freakin incredible on the high bar. No way Hamm's score should have been tied with his. The judges were wacked but it was not cool for people to blame Hamm. He's just there to do his thing.
    Here he is...



  17. Board Supporter
    intv's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    331
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    58%

    www.crossfit.com may have some rings exercises listed somewhere. I remember seeing this one, the 'muscle up' a while ago: http://www.crossfit.com/cf-video/muscle-up_loyd.wmv

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    If you look closely most of the male gymnasts have surgery scares on their delts. They definitely push into the realm of overtraining like most olympians.

    This olympics is making me think about getting a set of rings to do some basic exercises with(nothing fancy or dangerous). It looks like the ultimate shoulder workout.

    That Italian guy last night was freakin incredible on the high bar. No way Hamm's score should have been tied with his. The judges were wacked but it was not cool for people to blame Hamm. He's just there to do his thing.
  18. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,704
    Rep Power
    513136
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    86.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Sweet, thanks INTV.

    Now I too can become even more disproportionate! JK. Got some catching up to do on my legs right now. GVT baby!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Can you still build muscle PCT?
    By Cwaynemash in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 07:18 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 10:58 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 04:02 PM
  4. Now that you can make your own transdermals....
    By good_guye28 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in