Forcing trap growth

  1. Forcing trap growth


    I've tried just about everything and can't seem to get my traps (or upper back) to grow. My traps are so pathetic that when I pose they make me look unbalanced.

    Anyone have the same problem. Post up your trap routines please!


  2. define everything? and i assume size is your goal which i am a fan of 1-2 times a week, higher volume total sets, with 5-12 reps.

    as in all exercises? i am a fan of hang power cleans and inverted rows for traps.

    as in all rep/set ranges? 10x3, 5x5, 5/3/1, 8x8, GVT, 3x10-12, etc, etc.....

    as in all frequency/volume set ups? 1 day, 2 day, 3 day, 4 days a week. high volume day with low volume day. or any other combination.

  3. Most likely it is because you are failing to really squeeze at the top of the motion. If you just go through the motions you will not obtain the goals you are looking for. Try doing some high rows and underhand barbell rows and really focus on squeezing your shoulder blades together and maybe throw in a rest pause or drop set to really get the blood in there.
    Always willing to learn :D
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by BigRigg View Post
    Most likely it is because you are failing to really squeeze at the top of the motion. If you just go through the motions you will not obtain the goals you are looking for. Try doing some high rows and underhand barbell rows and really focus on squeezing your shoulder blades together and maybe throw in a rest pause or drop set to really get the blood in there.
    I think you're correct. I'll make sure to really squeeze at the top

  5. make sure your squeezing them together behind your neck if that makes sense
    Always willing to learn :D

  6. Snatches gave me the trap growth I ever experienced.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    Snatches gave me the trap growth I ever experienced.
    snatches are great for that. even snatch grip deads and even another i totally forgot about, farmers!

  8. Deadlifts and power shrugs WILL make your traps grow.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by BigRigg View Post
    make sure your squeezing them together behind your neck if that makes sense
    x2x

  10. 1) Deadlift on a trap bar.
    2)Pullups hit traps 3 and 4 (lower portion)
    3) most impt shrugs keep you head down it increases the length of rep.
    4) when shruging on squat rack push the barbell all the way foward so it leans agienst rack. flex your hips foward so upper body is at a slight angle. complete shrug motion. this variation will hit traps 1 and 2 upper portion and put size on fast.

  11. I usually do my traps on shoulders/traps day. The only two trap exercises I ever do are BB Shrugs and DB Shrugs. Do 5-7 sets of 10 on a heavy weight.

    You can also throw in holds and negatives. Make sure your nutrition is in order.

  12. Can you post a photo? It's just that while I have good traps, I'd feel like an ass giving advice to someone with even larger traps than mine who wants them to be bigger, you know?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Can you post a photo? It's just that while I have good traps, I'd feel like an ass giving advice to someone with even larger traps than mine who wants them to be bigger, you know?
    No, sorry don't do pics lol

    Thanks for all the ideas guys! I applied many of these ideas to my training and my Traps are starting to grow.. I think!

  14. I usually do Power Shrugs/Power Cleans

    3-5 sets of 6 reps

    heavy weights of course.
    No Money No Honey
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. trap growth
    By ianm4208 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 04:21 PM
  2. X-forcing my way into smaller pants!
    By babywifey in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 231
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 03:53 AM
  3. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 09:23 PM
  4. Getting the rear trap?
    By Jayhawkk in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 08:23 AM
  5. Forcing 1-test out of solution.
    By canadaguy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Log in
Log in