abdominal pressure on leg press?
- 08-19-2004, 06:58 PM
- 08-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Flex your Abs and back, I feel the same thing.
- 08-19-2004, 10:13 PM
It's hard to say without actually seeing how you sit but make sure your lower back is firmly against the back of the seat. I see some guys slide down a bit or come off the seat which can put pressure on the area.
08-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Come to think of it, seat of the leg press at my gym is a little low and sometimes I see people stick an extra pad on it so they sit up higher. I'll try flexing my abs/back as well. Thanks guys.
08-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Also, don't hold your breath, slowly release durring the press. I know i ran into problems with that durring deads... i would get a burning about 2 inches in from my hip on my lower abs... like the muscle was pulling apart... after thinking about it i realized i was "bearing down" too hard by holding my breath. that should also help.Originally Posted by Dan
08-23-2004, 09:52 AM
Same thing happens to me when I forget to let my breath out on deads.
08-23-2004, 08:04 PM
No problem, try the breathing technique as well. later JOriginally Posted by Dan
Similar Forum Threads
- By LiLShAnK357 in forum Training ForumReplies: 11Last Post: 10-02-2010, 03:07 PM
- By DerickVonD in forum Training ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 07-28-2009, 11:39 AM
- By glipp in forum Training ForumReplies: 27Last Post: 03-02-2008, 08:50 PM
- By Rock Lee in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 5Last Post: 07-06-2004, 11:37 AM
- By TheCSWFighter in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 0Last Post: 04-10-2003, 08:42 PM