Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey, so i found the following idea for workout:

Deadlift 3x12-15
Squat 3x12-15
Clean and Press 3x12-15
Bench 3x12-15

No rest between sets, just 30-45 seconds of jumping rope.

Im looking to strengthen my body overall but add a lot of endurance and conditioning.

Thoughts?

And yes you can't go super heavy because the fatigue is bad, I puked after the cleans last time.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Deadlifts and cleans require a great deal of technique, and when done in poor form (ala during fatigue) can lead to injuries and actually compromise strength gains.

Is there anything specific you are trying to increase conditioning for?

My advice might be this:

1-2 Major movements 3-5 x 3-5, 3-5 min rest periods.

Auxillary lift and core circuit.

So, you could do something like

Deadlift 5 x 5, 4 min rest
Over head press 3 x 5, 3 min rest
Complex: 2-4 sets, 10-20 reps, 1 min rest
Pull ups
med ball slams
glute-hip barbell bridge
dips
facepulls
side bridge

Bench press, 5 x 3
Barbell row, 5 x 5
Complex

Power cleans, 4 x 3
Rumanian dead lift, 4 x 5
Complex

Squats, 5x5
Weighted pull ups, 3 x 5
Complex

Br

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah I'm in the army, do a lot of cross fit. the lifts i do are all on a smith machine or a machine the has the bar on runners so i can't really drop it. I also don't go very heavy for the sets. I'm looking for lean and conditioned, not bulk and size

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also don't go very heavy for the sets. I'm looking for lean and conditioned, not bulk and size
Lifting heavy does not equal "bulk". Eating excess calories = size not simply lifting heavy weights. You can strength train with heavy weights while maintaining a lean athletic body.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah I'm in the army, do a lot of cross fit. the lifts i do are all on a smith machine or a machine the has the bar on runners so i can't really drop it. I also don't go very heavy for the sets. I'm looking for lean and conditioned, not bulk and size
Doing those exercises on machines ill advised. It's a great way to build muscular imbalances and does not translate into greater strength when lifting with free weights, and certainly not to functional strength.

Crossfit (according to the military itself) increases the risk of injuries to warfighters.

If you want to condition for the army, then I suggest you check out the nsca TSAC. A lot of good information, articles, and programs on this page:

https://www.nsca-lift.org/TSAC/mp.shtml

Br