high intensity training without squats and deadlifts

brettmm

Awards
Have just a little experience with high intensity training.Read some great articles, books. And think Id benefit greatly to follow a routine. But most are based on heavy, compound exercises, which are great, but due to previous wear and tear on my lower back(been check outbydr, just minor stuff that comes with age and abuse) I cant do deadlifts and squats anymore.Woult HIT training be worth it without DL and squats? And if so any suggested subs?

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
dorian yates who was a huge pioneer of this training didnt do squats, and he did stiff legged deads, check out his stuff perhaps

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ever tried a belt? Helped my back out so I could get into squats and deads. Buy a real one though, not one of those thin ones that gets narrow over the front of the waist.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strengthen your core/hips and improve flexibility and muscular balance so you can squat and deadlift. These are movements essential to not only lifting, but functional life.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Strengthen your core/hips and improve flexibility and muscular balance so you can squat and deadlift. These are movements essential to not only lifting, but functional life.
This + get a good belt and train with volume at first.

I found that by ignoring areas which were a problem in the past due to injury or whathaveyou, the problem never gets better. Strengthen it again safely and slowly and always work on mobilty.

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
Dorian also was not known for his leg development.
perhaps, but his legs were big enough to win him Mr O six times. Just saying, you dont HAVE to squat/deadlift/barbell bench, theres always other ways of attacking a muscle. Not saying that i personally dont squat and deadlift, but i do use dumbbells rather then a barbell for presses. Just my personal preference but my chest seems to be a growin just fine. In the end to each his own i guess haha.