Squat technique critique please (video) 300 lbs for reps.
- 10-12-2011, 09:03 PM
i also did some seated good mornings where i would round the upper back for part of the ROM and go halfway down with the hips. i threw in some deficit snatch grip deads and plenty of heavy ab work as well and i feel it has helped.
and a lot of what others have said is wonderful as well. my question now is are you going for max numbers on a squat? as i would move towards a more powerlifting style, low bar and wide stance. or are you just squatting cause you like it? i still prefer to squat narrow stance but i know that is just cause i used to train a lot of olympic lifts and i would have stuck with it but for the fact i am trying my first powerlifting meet.
just keep in mind if you do switch to a wide stance low bar squat it will be like training a whole new lift. it is way different. i know my hips hated me for weeks. i had to build them up. and i did a crap ton of box squats to get used to the wide stance.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Ironloo in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 12-09-2009, 02:46 PM
- By youngandfree in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 8Last Post: 06-15-2009, 08:59 PM
- By CopyCat in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 0Last Post: 02-17-2009, 01:06 AM
- By dragonfly in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 7Last Post: 09-11-2008, 07:48 PM
- By Kostanovovic in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 4Last Post: 12-17-2007, 11:55 PM