Good for a laugh... deadlifting and using straps - how NOT to do it.

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    So I manned up and used a hook grip today for my RDLs. I found that if I really focused on digging my palm into the bar before gripping, my thumb didn't hurt nearly so much. It's definitely a stronger grip than standard overhand, but I still feel like my technique is less than perfect with it. Just need practice.
    Same here. I try to get my middle finger around my thumb as much as possible, then my index finger.

2. Quote Originally Posted by biomike View Post
    I had a trainer (bodybuilder) show me a neat trick with straps, that helps alot especially with things like pull ups. Not sure how to explain it coherently to where it`ll make sense haha but u Sew the the strap part so that the "wrap" part is sewed to the part that it slips through, at a certain length. Then cut the rest of the strap off. If done at the correct length it allows you to not ave to care about the excess strap and u can just kinda curl the little bit u have around the bar for better grip and can let go when ever u want.

Also I agree, i do a combination of both. I use straps with my later sets, but honestly its more because my hands get slippery from sweat and the gym im at doesn't allow chalk...which blows.
    Liquid Chalk
    •   

3. Liquid chalk ripped a callous off every time I used it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mafesto31 View Post
    Liquid chalk ripped a callous off every time I used it.
    Ouch! That's the worst. Gotta pumice those things down so that doesn't happen.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

Similar Forum Threads

1. Deadlifting with Straps- How much more weight?
    By bigzach1234 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 05:42 PM
  2. who wants a good laugh?
    By 10bathroomsO in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 03:20 PM
  3. Ripped straps, any good ones?
    By Ricky5145 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 07:54 PM
  4. for anyone who wants a good laugh