HIT BY CAR AND OK!

SilverBullet7

Awards
So I used to be a everyday user on here and a die hard member. However it has been a while since my last post but for good reason. I recently was in a motorcycle accident. Due to legal reasons I had to remove any social profiles I had. A car not paying attention came across the double yellow line hitting me head on at 60 a piece. I flew 75 feet and landed in the road. I was fully geared but still obtained injuries. I had broken fingers broken wrist shattered shoulder blade seperated shoulder and a severed artery in my arm. The doctors were amazed to hear that at the scene I had stood up on my own was talking joking around that my socks were ruined and evened texted my family. After the very expensive helicopter ride and the examinations and countless x-rays the doctors said had I not been in the physical condition I was in this would have been fatal. I had dropped to 155lbs from 182 but since then I am now up to 174 and very strong. I was doing legs in a sling and cast! People called me crazy for making lifting my life but if this isn't proof of what being in shape can do Idk what is!

SilverBullet7

Awards
Il put up some pics later

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
please do... about 2 years ago i hit some gravel(march) and crashed my supermoto into some trees going 70mph......

i broke both of my legs and sat in a wheelchair and wilted from 205lbs to 155lbs ... of course i attribute most of the weightloss to the oxycontin

EDIT: props for being in the gym bro

one of my legs healed faster than the other, so as soon as i could i was in the gym on crutches doing upperbody lol

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
So I used to be a everyday user on here and a die hard member. However it has been a while since my last post but for good reason. I recently was in a motorcycle accident. Due to legal reasons I had to remove any social profiles I had. A car not paying attention came across the double yellow line hitting me head on at 60 a piece. I flew 75 feet and landed in the road. I was fully geared but still obtained injuries. I had broken fingers broken wrist shattered shoulder blade seperated shoulder and a severed artery in my arm. The doctors were amazed to hear that at the scene I had stood up on my own was talking joking around that my socks were ruined and evened texted my family. After the very expensive helicopter ride and the examinations and countless x-rays the doctors said had I not been in the physical condition I was in this would have been fatal. I had dropped to 155lbs from 182 but since then I am now up to 174 and very strong. I was doing legs in a sling and cast! People called me crazy for making lifting my life but if this isn't proof of what being in shape can do Idk what is!
All I can say is "wow" it seems almost unrealistic or movie like. Glad to hear your back, good luck with your endeavours!

TMCCLUNG

TMCCLUNG

Awards
I'm always glad to hear about fellow riders coming out ok from being hit by sh!tty drivers. I ride a Ducati 900ss and happy to say I've never been down. I can't wait to see some pics. I also ride bicycles. My commutes average 200+ miles a week. Luckily this is my only accident.
BIKE WRECK.jpg

SilverBullet7

Awards
Pics will be up around 5 tonight. And before anyone asks YES I will 100% be riding again soon. :) and i can't wait for that day!

SilverBullet7

Awards
Worked a double yesterday. They'll be up soon

Straydog6

Awards
Big up on your recovery!
My Dad had me racing minis at age 6 and of course I hit the street as soon as I got my license. I've been hit by cars on 3 separate occasions, but never as bad as that!
Having a healthy body and good protective gear obviously saved your life! I moved to Chicago in 2002, and there is no helmet law here...I still get freaked out by all the people I see riding in shorts and t shirt.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
It looks like to me you're got a tough row to hoe. I've had some serious set backs myself (double quad tendon tear in 2001 and a coronary bypass this January) so I have a good idea of what you're going thru. Lost 35 lbs the first time and 20 the second. I was, and still, being pretty aggressive about my comeback, maybe too much this time. I don't even talk about it to any of my health care providers. It's a lot tougher recovering from these things that people let on. Often it takes months to recover from even a significant surgery let alone what you've been thru. Like you, my surgeon said i didn't have a massive heart attack or damage and was otherwise still high functioning because my heart itself is in such great shape. One of the biggest helps to me (aside from my obsession with the gym) is support from friends (I've gotten a lot of support from friends at my gym), family (esp my wife), and my faith (I friendly with a couple of clerics love to work out, too, so it's very easy to get a sympathetic ear). Just having someone to talk to, even if they can't help, helped tremendously. So pm me if you think it will help.

Personally, other than the surgeons and basic rehab, mainstream medicine isn't much help. They'd have us do 20 mins cardio 3x week, and lifting 20lbs. My avatar and stats are current.

I've got my good days and bad (my bench is back to 300lbs, only 50 more to go). My PCP doc. heard about it and I hear I'm in trouble, oh well. Like I said, this is my 2nd reset, first one at age 46, the second at 56, so don't let age, in and of itself scare you. It's not the age but the maintenance. In case anyone is wondering if AAS had anything to do with it, i've been clean for 5 months and am (and always did) have a strict diet, and cardio 3x week and it hasn't made a bit of difference. My surgeon says it just family history.

SilverBullet7

Awards
ok guys here they are the one was one i had the paramedic send to me and the other is the car that the dumb bitch was driving. (-_-)
2010-06-25_14_37_42_.jpg
2010-06-239518_14_53_.jpg

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow that is some scary crap glad you came out of this alive. Hope you have a speedy recovery and you can get back to doing what you like to do best.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I was hit by a 4wd in 2002 (as a pedestrian) and had multiple fractures to my skull, arms, collar bone, femur and feet along with internal damage, i also stopped rbeating and my heart stopped for 5 mins untill the ambulance arrived...and i live to tell the tale. Recovery is tough, it takes a long time-as you know, but you will get there.

kmcart

Awards
I was hit by a 4wd in 2002 (as a pedestrian) and had multiple fractures to my skull, arms, collar bone, femur and feet along with internal damage, i also stopped rbeating and my heart stopped for 5 mins untill the ambulance arrived...and i live to tell the tale. Recovery is tough, it takes a long time-as you know, but you will get there.
I'm a firefighter/paramedic and I'm sure you know it but 5 mins is amazing, good medics there to take care of you. OP and all the other guys on here telling their stories, congratulations and more power to you guys you are inspirations for anyone. While I've never had injuries like this I have heard of a lifter/bodybuilder that lives in town who survived a skydiving accident from bein in such good and huge shape. This and all the other stories just goes to show even more how important our health is.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
wait wut?

I see 3 motorcycle wheels - what gives?

SilverBullet7

Awards
Friend riding next to me. Bitch got us both...

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Friend riding next to me. Bitch got us both...
Phuuuuuuuuuuuck... sorry to hear/see that!! I ride and have been hit so I can relate but nowhere as bad as that! Be well brotha!

divo006

divo006

Awards
damn dude, that **** looks ugly...my dad was hit by a semi in his pick up truck years ago and was also told that if he hadnt been in such great shape with so much muscle around his neck that he would be dead...so yes, i guess those of us that are in good shape do have the upper hand in takein an a$$ whoopin. good luck man and god bless

SilverBullet7

Awards
He had time to skid more yeah he had collapsed lung and broken femur but he is not fine

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
how long will he be in hospital for? is he struggling with the lung or femur most?

From experience i would take legal action if she was at fault. The doctors bills tend to be expensive.

SilverBullet7

Awards
He is out and sorry that was supposed to say now. As in "he is now fine" But he is still struggling with the femur as it broke right under the knee.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I broke mine a little higher, and unfortuntly the femur takes a long time to heal. I had nancy nail surgery to help mine heal where they drill right through the core of your femur and run steel rods the leangth of the femur. It was the worst pain imagionable, worse than the break itself. However, it did help the healing process.

I wish him the best of luck, and do what the physio says.

Dimitri

Awards
That was motivational as well as sorrowful.
Its good to hear that you were safe and not damaged that much. Too good man.

TMCCLUNG

TMCCLUNG

Awards
My brother wanted to borrow my bike seems how I'm not riding it. Now I'm not so sure I want to lend it to him. I would feel like $hit if anything like this happened to him. Good luck to you both with your health and now legal issues. The legal issues can sometimes be more bothersome than the injuries.

WKUanimal

WKUanimal

Awards
Wow man glad youre alright. Motorcycle accidents are no joke, ive got a friend that was recently in one and got really messed up. Im about to start a donation thread (DwightSchrute ok'd it) when i get 50 posts. Makes me never want to get on one

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Amazing story. I had a similar accident in 2005. Lady pulled out in front of me from my right and stopped in my lane. I hit her going about 60. I had been working out about 28 years at the time. Broken ribs, toe, scapula and tore a huge chunk out of my left leg, but I'm here to talk about it. The lady driving the SUV was a retired school teacher possibly under the influence of pain meds. She never even got out of her vehicle to see if I was alright and tried to blame the accident on me. Lucky, I had lots of witnesses

I replaced my bike about 4 weeks later. I couldn't bend my left leg all the way when I rode it home.

SilverBullet7

Awards
Amazing story. I had a similar accident in 2005. Lady pulled out in front of me from my right and stopped in my lane. I hit her going about 60. I had been working out about 28 years at the time. Broken ribs, toe, scapula and tore a huge chunk out of my left leg, but I'm here to talk about it. The lady driving the SUV was a retired school teacher possibly under the influence of pain meds. She never even got out of her vehicle to see if I was alright and tried to blame the accident on me. Lucky, I had lots of witnesses

I replaced my bike about 4 weeks later. I couldn't bend my left leg all the way when I rode it home.
Thats awesome i was using the hospitals wifi to shop for new bikes :) nurses thought i was crazy... but i **** happens. Some people just dont get the passion.

Ripped_Effect

Ripped_Effect

Awards
Wow! I'm very surprised you survived this! I hit a concrete barrier going 60 mph on the high way and the car I was in got less damage then the one you hit. I hit it at an angle so the impact was not as bad but I still managed to break my back, shatter my wrist, sprain my neck, my knee and my hip. Here is the car I was in. I'll put up a picture of the car when my post count gets up to 50.

EBSNW1

EBSNW1

Awards
glad to hear your ok, you must have had a serious guardian angel

TylerDurden7

Awards
Glad youre doing better bro! I agree with EBSNW1, looks like a guardian angel might have been at work

dragevo

Banned
Awards
Glad your OK, I work at a trauma center, your lucky

hooker200

Awards
U sound like a beast thats great glad to hear your doing better

SilverBullet7

Awards
Yeah someone was helping. Let's hope they can help me back ti my reg weight again. O:)

BOOMBOOMBOOM

Awards
Horrific, glad to hear you are both okay.

Dragonrider, damn thats a devil woman, some people are just not right, what was the courts verdict, she'd have to pay for hospital bills and a new bike, but other than that? I study law here in Denmark and here her mandatory vehicle insurance would have covered everything, she'd lose her license for a year or two and get a suspended sentence for something like 6 months, depending on the severity of her action.