help with my hiit training

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.25%

Question help with my hiit training

I am currently in a recomp phase and am desperate to burn some belly fat on my mid to lower stomach. I'm currently using wendlers 5/3/1 method of training and doing hiit twice a week on mon and wed. I currently do 2 minutes jogging speed 30 seconds full speed and 1 minute recovery for a strait 10 minutes on the treadmill. I have noticed my arms legs and back getting more and more ripped but no diff on my stomach. Am I doing this correctly? Is there a specific hiit I can do for the belly fat that won't class with the 5/3/1 method?

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bi0hazurd View Post
    I am currently in a recomp phase and am desperate to burn some belly fat on my mid to lower stomach. I'm currently using wendlers 5/3/1 method of training and doing hiit twice a week on mon and wed. I currently do 2 minutes jogging speed 30 seconds full speed and 1 minute recovery for a strait 10 minutes on the treadmill. I have noticed my arms legs and back getting more and more ripped but no diff on my stomach. Am I doing this correctly? Is there a specific hiit I can do for the belly fat that won't class with the 5/3/1 method?
    You canNOT target and spot reduce "belly fat" with training - this is more your nutrition than anything, so if you're not getting the results you want, then look at that and change it accordingly. There's nothing wrong with the HIIT you're currently doing - I recommend doing it three days a week though, with a day between sessions.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Rosie is correct as usual. You can not spot reduce. Really your belly fat could be genetically the last fat your body will burn off. Also it's probably the oldest fat store on your body. Your very much like me.

I recommend to get rid of belly fat to just keep doing what your doing. In a few weeks cut a few hundred cals a day and/or kick up the cardio a bit. Keep losing fat eventually it will start to come off your abs. I always lose arm and face fat first and stomach last. Keep it up my friend remember it's a marathon not a sprint. Good luck to you!
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

You could try a fat uncoupler on your stomach. Something like a topical yohimbine HCL or other alpha antagonist will help to increase the release rate of fat into the blood stream. Burning it, however, is up to you.

Br
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.15%

Stomach fat is usually the last to go. I'm unfamiliar with Wendlers 5/3/1 method but a couple things you can do are avoiding any extra soy that might be in your foods or supplements, and whenever you have a free moment, say 3 times a day, do some deep breathing with abs flexing. Breathe in through your nose and flex as you breathe out of your mouth. They say spot reducing doesn't exist but I've seen to many guys with ripped arms and chubby guts to believe it. These guys always do a lot of physical work with their arms. But I'm not saying that spot reducing is all you need, it only contributes to a well balanced diet, and full workout routine.

Similar Forum Threads

1. HIIT vs Strength Training vs circuit
    By pizzathehut in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 06:37 PM
  2. hiit training??
    By figgs0798 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 05:17 AM
  3. Proper HIIT training
    By cedrone50 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10