- 06-25-2011, 08:59 PM
- 06-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Isn't a wide/narrow grip only manipulating triceps-vs.-pectoralis major recruitment? Seeing as the fibers run on a longitudinal axis (correct me if this is the wrong axis, trying to remember)...proximal/distal portions cannot be isolated, correct?
- 06-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Exactly rex. I discussed a little earlier how the fiber attachment site may play some role in the feeling of DOMS in inner vs. outers.
Vary grips from shoulder width to 2x acromium span changes the recruitment from sternal head (grip 1-1.25X acromium span) to clavicular head (1.25 - 1.75 acromium span) to anterior deltoids (>1.75 acromium span), as well as differences in tricep recruitment.
Similar Forum Threads
- By DGA3 in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 11-25-2010, 08:39 AM
- By p00ndawg in forum Training ForumReplies: 21Last Post: 03-03-2009, 05:11 AM
- By pistonpump in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 7Last Post: 03-23-2008, 01:18 PM
- By East1600Plus in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 01-03-2007, 10:02 PM
- By jws8118 in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 01-22-2005, 04:26 PM