training help for my girlfriend

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
My girlfriend obsesses about getting a bigger butt and for our next anniversary I thout I'd try to find her a routine and make her a little kit with a new routine and some protein powder and then train her through it. Problem is I've never trained a female before. Is there any routine u guys know of to grow lift and tone the butt? Female training opinions are most welcome

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Also I would like to state that I just convinced her to workout so I would like to know if maybe there is a routine I can begin with her at home. She doesn't have access to the gym right now

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can get a set of resistance bands fairly cheap( like 15 bucks). And have her do like body weight squats. Pushups, pullups. Burpees. Mountain climbers...I dunno theres alot you can do.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Squats, Jump Squats, Deadlifts, Leg press, Hamstring curls, anything you do for legs she can do for legs.

Also
Circuit Training (which I have learned to enjoy)
She can do something like this
10 reps each consecutively

10 Jump Squats
10 Split Squats each side
10 Box Jumps
10 Burpees
10 Mountain Climbers

Rest 2 min between each round. Add weights or sets or reps as she progresses or to accommodate her level of fitness

It's going to depend on what she enjoys too and her level of fitness. When I started out u couldn't get me to do fast circuit training at gunpoint. I just wanted to lift weights, which works too of course.

I like to wing it with my workouts and do full body when I do circuit.
this is a workout I did after a morning run
12 Burpees
30 mountain climbers
15 Db 10lbs each jumpsquat
20 Left leg step ups Db
20 right leg step ups Db
30 sec plank
30 sec side plank
30 sec other side plank (people scoff at these I feel em)
10 box jumps
10 1 leg squat L 10lb DB's
10 1 leg squat R 10lb DB's
15 hanging leg lifts
1 min Jump Rope
25 Calve raises 10lbs Db's

3 sets short rest between (I didn't do the 2 min rests)

But I change from day to day, like on another day I'll go for heavier weights and try challenging myself by going heavier or raising rep amount. (just like a dude lol) Those are my favorite workouts

The most beneficial Assercise for me are Squats and Deads.

I am in noooo way a trainer (which would be great to have and I would definitely make faster progress if I did) and I am still a bit far from my ultimate goal, just sharing my personal experience what I've done and what I enjoy.
Good Luck to your girlfriend, maybe u could get her on the forums someday.

note: I wouldn't do only lower body!! Balance, train the whole body for faster proportioned safe results. You need upper body and core strength and fitness to be able to challenge legs efficiently and safely.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My girlfriend obsesses about getting a bigger butt and for our next anniversary I thout I'd try to find her a routine and make her a little kit with a new routine and some protein powder and then train her through it. Problem is I've never trained a female before. Is there any routine u guys know of to grow lift and tone the butt? Female training opinions are most welcome
If she wants to improve the look of her butt, I recommend reading Shaping the Perfect Glutes and incorporating those exercises into her training programme - she can do all of them at home, yes.

Another note - there is no such thing as "toning". Toning is a) losing bodyfat, b) gaining muscle mass, or c) recomping.

Also I would like to state that I just convinced her to workout so I would like to know if maybe there is a routine I can begin with her at home. She doesn't have access to the gym right now
If she's a beginner, start her off with a beginner's programme, acclimatize her to training - don't try to change too many things at once. Make sure whatever she does, she does with proper form.

Read post #2 at http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/166140-exercise-home.html to get some ideas of what to do re training if no access to the gym or have limited time, etc.

~Rosie~

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
So far this is what i have

MONDAY
Resistance Band Squats 3x10
Resistance Band Deadlifts 3x10
Resistance Band Lunges 3x10
Step ups 3x10
Two point bridge leg raise and hold 2x 60 seconds

WEDNESDAY
Resistance Band Curls 3x8
DB or RB tricep kickbacks 3x8
Pushups 3x5
RB or DB shoulder raises 3x5
Crunches 3x10

FRIDAY
Dumbell Squats 3x10
Straight leg Deadlifts 3x10
Dumbell Lunges 3x10
Dumbell Step ups 3x10
Stretching and additional Ab work

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So far this is what i have

MONDAY
Resistance Band Squats 3x10
Resistance Band Deadlifts 3x10
Resistance Band Lunges 3x10
Step ups 3x10
Two point bridge leg raise and hold 2x 60 seconds

WEDNESDAY
Resistance Band Curls 3x8
DB or RB tricep kickbacks 3x8
Pushups 3x5
RB or DB shoulder raises 3x5
Crunches 3x10

FRIDAY
Dumbell Squats 3x10
Straight leg Deadlifts 3x10
Dumbell Lunges 3x10
Dumbell Step ups 3x10
Stretching and additional Ab work
how does it look?
Not what I would have done, but it's a start. If she's a complete newbie to training, she's better off doing three FULL-BODY sessions a week, but that's just my thoughts. She's also better off using a rep-range like 10-12 reps to get used to it for a few weeks, IMO. I suggest doing her a Full-Body circuit that she does three circuits of each time. Perhaps review the sample beginner resistance circuit in The 3 Keys to Fat Loss (don't let the title fool you, since the best exercises for fat loss are also the best ones for muscle growth) and adjust to fit what equipment you have at home, as well as adding in a few more exercises for the glutes (i.e. make every other exercise one for the lower body, etc.). You should be able to out something together from all of the recommendations you have been given so far, so no longer require my assistance. All the best!

~Rosie~