Sorting out my new routine,help appreciated

castro

Awards
Hi everyone,
I'll be starting my second aas cycle pretty soon.I am having trouble setting up a good routine for size and strength.I am a little limited in excercises since i lift at home with nothing but free weights,hip belt and dip stand along with a power rack.I do wide grip partial deadlifts in place of full range deads due to injuries and front and belt squats in place of back squats for the same reasons.I want to go for a 4 day split maybe utilizing the 5x5 but am a little confused.Here is what i have come up with..

Mon
Bench5x5
weighted dips 2x8
Flys 2x8-10

Tues
Wide grip partial deadlifts 5x5
Weighted chins 2x8
Dbell rows 2x8
forearm work

Thurs
Close grip bench 5x5
Skullcrushers 2x8
bb curls 2x8-10
dbell incline curls 2x8-10

Friday or sat
Hip belt squats 5x5
front squats 2x8
sissy squats 2x8-10
calf raises

I welcome any input.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Hi everyone,
I'll be starting my second aas cycle pretty soon.I am having trouble setting up a good routine for size and strength.I am a little limited in excercises since i lift at home with nothing but free weights,hip belt and dip stand along with a power rack.I do wide grip partial deadlifts in place of full range deads due to injuries and front and belt squats in place of back squats for the same reasons.I want to go for a 4 day split maybe utilizing the 5x5 but am a little confused.Here is what i have come up with..

Mon
Bench5x5
weighted dips 2x8
Flys 2x8-10

Tues
Wide grip partial deadlifts 5x5
Weighted chins 2x8
Dbell rows 2x8
forearm work

Thurs
Close grip bench 5x5
Skullcrushers 2x8
bb curls 2x8-10
dbell incline curls 2x8-10

Friday or sat
Hip belt squats 5x5
front squats 2x8
sissy squats 2x8-10
calf raises

I welcome any input.

That doesn't look too bad man.

Here's what I would do:

Monday: drop the flies, keep the rest.

Tuesday: looks descent in my book.

Thursday: drop the skullcrushers, dips on Monday and the 5x5 close grips will be more tham enough for your tri's.

Friday: drop all those squat variations. Stick with the 5x5's and calf exc. If you're noticing you can handle more work with your quads, then add in a superset of some sort...or even some beyond failure techniques...

my 0.02

castro

Awards
That doesn't look too bad man.

Here's what I would do:

Monday: drop the flies, keep the rest.

Tuesday: looks descent in my book.

Thursday: drop the skullcrushers, dips on Monday and the 5x5 close grips will be more tham enough for your tri's.

Friday: drop all those squat variations. Stick with the 5x5's and calf exc. If you're noticing you can handle more work with your quads, then add in a superset of some sort...or even some beyond failure techniques...

my 0.02
Jergo,you think it's enough volume for monday's without flys?Also is the 5x5(all sets with the same weight)a good routine?I would like to be peaking at week 3,i will be dropping all my lifts by 20%.Thanks

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Jergo,you think it's enough volume for monday's without flys?Also is the 5x5(all sets with the same weight)a good routine?I would like to be peaking at week 3,i will be dropping all my lifts by 20%.Thanks

I actually just switched from a HIT routine to a straight 5x5. And this being the first time using that approach, I cannot go into depth about it. But if you take a look at my recent thread, I'm doing even less volume than yourself on chest day and all others as well.

I dropped all my lifts so far by abot 15-20lbs. To accomadate not going to failure and to be able to keep up with it. If doing a 5x5 then pick a weight that allows you to do 10-15 reps w/o going to positive failure.

Btw, on chest day, I'm doing the same things: inclines and dips...

castro

Awards
Alright brotha looks good.I'm starting it on sunday then i'll start the gear on the second week.Have you seen any nice results yet?Are you currently "on"?Thanks bro.

Hellhound

Awards
Maybe I'm A little old school....BUT

That routine seems to be A good set/split, but why would you keep the overall volume so low? Especially on A cycle!! Are you an advocate of Max-OT training or some other High Intensity style? I have used similar methods while doing intense cardio to cut up in conjunction with diet, but if its size or strength you are after, you need to bump up the sets or add exercises in. What are your stats and goals?? :whip:

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Alright brotha looks good.I'm starting it on sunday then i'll start the gear on the second week.Have you seen any nice results yet?Are you currently "on"?Thanks bro.

I've only done one session so far which was my back/bis. I had to skip tonights deads/delts/leg presses due to a late night/busy day at work.

I can say that from the chins alone, my upper lats are sore as hell still from Tuesday's workout. Bi's are still a little to. No, I'll be jumping back on right about the same time you will. :twisted: :thumbsup:

castro

Awards
That routine seems to be A good set/split, but why would you keep the overall volume so low? Especially on A cycle!! Are you an advocate of Max-OT training or some other High Intensity style? I have used similar methods while doing intense cardio to cut up in conjunction with diet, but if its size or strength you are after, you need to bump up the sets or add exercises in. What are your stats and goals?? :whip:
Well i want to gain some serious size and gains on some lifts.I want to hit a 300bench at 268x3,500dead at 440x6,400 belt squat at 320x6 and dip with 100+pounds for reps.I'm 6'1 248#s,31 yoa.My cycle will be 40mgdbol wk1-4,250mg tren enthanate wk1-12 and test e wk 1-12.

castro

Awards
I've only done one session so far which was my back/bis. I had to skip tonights deads/delts/leg presses due to a late night/busy day at work.

I can say that from the chins alone, my upper lats are sore as hell still from Tuesday's workout. Bi's are still a little to. No, I'll be jumping back on right about the same time you will. :twisted: :thumbsup:
Alright,well good luck bro.I might start a log here,i have my other logs at the hardgainer rt.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established

Unfortunately, this is where many fail. OT'ing (overtraining) is very underated IMHO. And with the majority of guys that just don't have the great genetics, including myself, we have to be careful with the amount of volume/intensity that we use, and yes, even while on AAS.

But don't get me wrong, if you can recover from that amount of load/volume, then gitty-up brother. :)