Stuck with and sick of my lifts

ProPopper

Awards
So i need some good ideas on a new routine or maybe even just different lifts. I really enjoy DBs. i use them for a lot of my lifts with a little bit of cables and barbell mixed in. i have found myself sick of doing these lifts over and over. what i really am looking for is so good bicep lifts cuz for some reason my tris are huge compared to my biceps. some shoulder lifts because i love to have huge shoulders (Dwight Howard style). maybe some chest alternatives to press. and some good back ones, more so for rear shoulder area not so much traps or lower back.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Squat, deadlift, bench press. If you're not doing them, start. Your bi's will naturally grow with heavy pulling excercises like the deadlift, barbell rows, weighted pull-ups. You need to get down to the basic compound movements because it sounds like you spend a lot of time on individual bodyparts.

ProPopper

Awards
yeah i kick myself cuz i try to single out certain lifts and just try to do things that focus on a single muscle forgetting things like pulls also include your bicep

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Squat, deadlift, bench press. If you're not doing them, start. Your bi's will naturally grow with heavy pulling excercises like the deadlift, barbell rows, weighted pull-ups. You need to get down to the basic compound movements because it sounds like you spend a lot of time on individual bodyparts.
Agreed.

Remember, the biceps attach to the shoulder blades. If the shoulders are protracted (pulled forward) you are NOT fully activating the biceps. Therefore, perform a lot of movements that focus on scapula retraction (rows, rows and more rows...and some face pulls and band pull aparts) and your pecs and biceps will grow much easier.

And squat.

And deadlift.

Br