The Brachial Pump.

OEFHajHunt10

OEFHajHunt10

Awards
lol Catchy title huh? Well If there is such a thing let me know because my brachialis need some seriouse attention, aside from my norm.

40 lbs 8x10 Hammer curles w/db
65 lbs 4x10 reverse bb curles
100lbs 8x10 wide-grip curls w/preacher bar. (elbows in)
45 lbs 4x10 db curles
45 lb plate 4x10 hammer curl.

Thats my norm for bi's and brachial's, If anyone has suggestions on a better rountine im all ears, but i am in Afghanistan right now so im limited to free weights, no bowflex's or any of that ****. Thanks Guys, God speed.

D

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
The hammers and reverse grip bb curls alone are sufficient imo. Maybe throw in some pinwheel curls? I think what you stated is more than ample amount of exercises to work that muscle. I dont know what else to suggest other than that. Best of luck! Keep your head down brother and come home safe!

G

gidemon

Banned
Awards
thats a alot of sets my freind...maybee tone it down a lil...then again im on the low volume highhoarse right now so my advice may not be the best

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol Catchy title huh? Well If there is such a thing let me know because my brachialis need some seriouse attention, aside from my norm.

40 lbs 8x10 Hammer curles w/db
65 lbs 4x10 reverse bb curles
100lbs 8x10 wide-grip curls w/preacher bar. (elbows in)
45 lbs 4x10 db curles
45 lb plate 4x10 hammer curl.

Thats my norm for bi's and brachial's, If anyone has suggestions on a better rountine im all ears, but i am in Afghanistan right now so im limited to free weights, no bowflex's or any of that ****. Thanks Guys, God speed.
Depends on what you want - more mass, endurance, strength, etc. What you're doing could work for some hypertrophy/starting strength, but it's not really the best routine for it.

As someone already mentioned, that's a lot of sets/reps for biceps - you don't need that much, even doing a separate Arms' day.

If you want mass and strength, stick to doing your heavy back work with a supinated grip (i.e. pull-ups, bent over BB rows, reverse rows, etc.), and add in the bicep compounds like BB bicep curls, etc.

You might also want to work your biceps after doing a few sets of squats (i.e. 4 x 6), since squats are going to release the most testosterone out of any exercise you can do, and therefore be beneficial for you.

Check out the thread http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bulking/167451-biceps-lagging-behind.html for some more suggestions.

~Rosie~

OEFHajHunt10

OEFHajHunt10

Awards
Thanks for the tip, and yes i do squats before every workout, i didnt know it was beneficial, i just know we climb alot of mountains out here so squats help. sounds like compounds are the way to go ill add those in addition. also you mentioned that was alot, but im also super setting that workout with triceps inbetween, about same amount of reps...is that good or bad?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the tip, and yes i do squats before every workout, i didnt know it was beneficial, i just know we climb alot of mountains out here so squats help. sounds like compounds are the way to go ill add those in addition. also you mentioned that was alot, but im also super setting that workout with triceps inbetween, about same amount of reps...is that good or bad?
No worries :)

Definitely compounds - the basics work every time.

Supersetting is fine and I am a huge advocate of supersets/trisets/giant sets, etc. - it will give your biceps a chance to recover in between.

~Rosie~

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd definitely cut down the total number of sets (28 if my math was right on that) unless you're solely going for a fat loss or endurance type workout. You've already been given some pretty good advice.

How often are you doing that workout/hitting your biceps?

I never work them directly more than once a week and I actually do them as little as twice a month, sometimes (the heavy compound movements you'll use them for on other lifts will definitely work them enough to not worry about missing out any potential growth).

OEFHajHunt10

OEFHajHunt10

Awards
I do them about twice a week, and yes i did get some good advice and im very appreciative guys thanks!

Hustlers

Hustlers

Awards
  • Established
ISO Holds!!!
Static work has worked wonders for me in the past. don't underestimate static strength holds for sets x time. If you eat well and train it will not only blow your brachials up but it will help with all of your back training.
Cable rope hammers with a 3 sec x 8-10 (24-30 secs TUT) contraction is also awesome.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
After my regular bi workout, I'll run the rack with hammer curls. I start from the 65's and drop down by 10 pound increments with no rest til I'm hammering with...yes, 5lbs dumbells. This ALWAYS gets my brachs BLOWN so bad that I can't fold my arms. They'll cramp and lock-up the next day because they were hit so hard. Give it a try and tell me how it feels.

X

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
Roise said it great! Big compound lifts, intermingled with some slight and minimal arm work. I do shoulders/upper back day and incorporate some barbell curls and blamo big arms. You should really concentrate on your lifts, get a counting system down, like fast up, slow down; slow up, fast, down, then alternate. Make your locus good technique and muscle control. Good luck!

Hustlers

Hustlers

Awards
  • Established
iso holds.........
Static strength = growth

Forearm Kings=Gymnasts