muscle sorness and adaption

gidemon

Banned
Awards
Muscle sorness,adaption and other questions

I just started the basic a-b dc training split and have to say i love it so far as its different then anything ive ever done,i tried basic hit back in the day and didnt dig it much-anyways.. MY biceps are still sore from last friday and i had to do back width and thickness today.. monday

Friday i did

Incline 45 degree bench dumbell curls.. 45lbs 7,4,2 restpaused

Then 45lb hammer curls x 2 x 7-8 ss

Thats it for the biceps section of that day.... should i be using a lighter weight ..more reps rest pausing biceps you think?

I really want to stick to the mon,wed,fri layout...actually i plan to

Mon
Chest,shoulders,triceps,back width,and baack thickness

Wednsday,biceps,forearms,calves,hams,quads

Friday-same as monday

Mon-same as weds and so on,a simple rotation

So my question is has anyone ever started a schueldule like this one and had still sore muscles and worked through it anyway,and if so did they recuperate faster and adapt,make gains?

Im a decent gainer and wouldnt consider my self a hardgainer,my diet is decent enough...

Also for instance ive never tried ,but would love too try a simple 5x5 program

But squats just a day apart sounds scary cuz im usually sore for 3 days with a good quad workout

And a good amount of people swear by 5x5 training

I will stop rambling..lol and if anyone can chip in please enlighten me

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I have been doing DC training for about 3 weeks now. I do get pretty sore but I eat ALOT of food and recover in decent time. My routine looks very similar to yours. I have had slight soreness in my biceps before from previous bicep day, but didnt notice until then. I still made progress in that exercise so I dont think it was a bad decission. I know DC training is all about recovery. Make sure you do the stretches...they help alot. A foam roller helps a great deal also. I use my roller every day as a recovery aid and to get a good stretch.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just started the basic a-b dc training split and have to say i love it so far as its different then anything ive ever done,i tried basic hit back in the day and didnt dig it much-anyways.. MY biceps are still sore from last friday and i had to do back width and thickness today..

. . .

So my question is has anyone ever started a schueldule like this one and had still sore muscles and worked through it anyway,and if so did they recuperate faster and adapt,make gains?

. . .

I will stop rambling..lol and if anyone can chip in please enlighten me
DOMS is NORMAL and to be expected - especially whenever one starts a new training programme. DOMS can set in as early as immediately post-training, or it can take several days to kick in, lasting anywhere from a day to a week once it sets in.

You just have to work through it - trust me, the second week your recovery will be better, and so on, as you stick with the programme.

~Rosie~

gidemon

Banned
Awards
yeah its good to hear info that will help me stick to the gameplan,i have been doing the stretches for quads and chest,lats....not my biceps though..ill get on it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah its good to hear info that will help me stick to the gameplan,i have been doing the stretches for quads and chest,lats....not my biceps though..ill get on it.
All good :) Stretching definitely helps with recovery - make sure that you do it AFTER your training though, or when your muscles are warm (since stretching cold can increase your risk for injury).

~Rosie~

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
You will like DC training. I feel like my food is better utuilized from the training. The stretches are killer but they do work.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
you'll adapt, just work through the soreness... doms are not neccessarily an idicator of recovery

OEFHajHunt10

OEFHajHunt10

Awards
Pain is just weakness leaving the body!

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Be careful because it could lead to injury or be injury. Make sure you warm up properly and get the nutrients required for your body to heal. If it doesnt feel right...then dont do it. Plain and simple.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
ofcourse...my ways of thinking allways has been if ur muscle has doms its no ready to be hit again,just seeing the other side of the coin as i hear people sometimes ignore doms

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ofcourse...my ways of thinking allways has been if ur muscle has doms its no ready to be hit again,just seeing the other side of the coin as i hear people sometimes ignore doms
You can definitely work that muscle group again if it has DOMS - just depends on the individual and what their body can handle.

~Rosie~

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ideally I try to set up programs with a progressive increase in work and intensity. This allows for an increase in work and/or intensity each session until you reach a certain conditioning level or peak.

In practice, it rarely works out perfect. This is where likert scales of soreness are used in my practice. Low levels (ie: sensations of discomfort in the legs while walking down stairs) can be trained through, but higher levels (pain at sensation to certain levels of pressure via touch) require another day or two of recovery.

One thing most people overlook, especially for lower body recovery, is the use of an ice bath. 10-12 minutes at 45-50 degrees within an hour following training works wonders if you can bear it.

Br

OEFHajHunt10

OEFHajHunt10

Awards
Ive had DOMS in my brachiallis for about 4 weeks now...but the pyramids of giza didnt get built because slaves took breaks everytime they were sore. remember that and then gage your pain.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
honestly i love your current goals man(it sounds gnarly